Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,495 Posts
I've seen it done with zooks. Generally doesn't add functionality and looks out of proportion.

If you stretched the wheelbase that's a totally different kettle of fish.

·
Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
71 Posts
I've seen a couple of GQ SWB that have been chopped or cab swapped into a ute, which would look the same except for the coils and flared guard, I actually think they look pretty cool and unique, here's a couple of pictures I've just found with a quick search:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Plant Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,171 Posts
It has been done.

I own both a ute and a few shorties, and there is no way that I'd do it. Its a lot of time and effort to get a terrible driving position if you're over 5' tall combined with a terrible cargo capacity.
It's combining the drawbacks of both vehicles into one.

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ethanissan they sure do look cute ive been a welder for 16 years so the ideas are running wild ive nearly finished restoring my first mk swb and ive just bought another 2 mks 1 for parts and 1 thats still going with a few mods and i sort of want yo put my own twist on it with doing a body chop and building a narley tray

·
Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
71 Posts
Thanks ethanissan they sure do look cute ive been a welder for 16 years so the ideas are running wild ive nearly finished restoring my first mk swb and ive just bought another 2 mks 1 for parts and 1 thats still going with a few mods and i sort of want yo put my own twist on it with doing a body chop and building a narley tray
All good mate, keep in mind what James has said though, MQ/MK utes have terrible driving positions even compared to GQ utes since the factory walls don’t have the bubble back, and you’ll have less storage space than a lwb Ute or swb wagon. If you’re fabricating your own back wall you can probably get around the bad driving position, or even just use the rear wall from a GQ, should fit right up to the rear of the MQ body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts