Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so you bought at SCA creeper and now it's time to modify so it will last. Well for $37 this will make it the the third best bargain of the century, second best being free beer, first best being a free Patrol.
Okay so you usually jump on your creeper like a bull in a paddock full of heifers, and what happens next it buckles and splits. Well you get this cheap strapping from the hardware shop or the building supplier and bolt it to the wheel mounts like this.
It's Chinese made and fiddly and there's crappy bolts and all, so I recommend upgrading with slightly longer bolts and nuts. You only need to do the middle and lower section as the top section doesn't carry so much weight and is also square to hard to strap. Try not to get the nail holes in the middle where it will scrape the ground as the nail holes are a weak point.
I can even sit on mine now while I am welding as I often do. I used to sit on the ground and the little hot rollers would burn holes in my buttcheeks.
Next post paint it up with bumper primer and bumper black, as it will protect from UV from the welder and the sun. This Chinese plastic is crappy with no UV stabiliser protection and will become damaged and fatigued in the long term if you don't paint it up.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While you're there upgrade the vinyl on the little pillow as the Chinese stuff is rubbish. I used some old seat covering I had lying around in the shed. Note do not over tighten the pillow screw!

Attachments

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,613 Posts
Brilliant!

I've got what looks like the same one but different brand, and the middle scrapes on the ground when I sit on it, chits me to tears, so I might give this a go.

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brilliant!

I've got what looks like the same one but different brand, and the middle scrapes on the ground when I sit on it, chits me to tears, so I might give this a go.
It'll fix the scraping Leethal. My last one was 4 years old, and split around the lower wheel mount area. This'll fix that problem, but the wheels were worn too. I'll just keep looking at the wheels at Bunnings whenever I go there to see if there's anything compatible. They've always been the best creeper for the coin though, nice and low.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
But what do you do when an expensive and very good creeper inexplicably gets left just where a reversing GU can run over it?

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I just bought the povo version of the SCA creeper. It has metal bars that reinforce the sides. Fully padded.

On special in the catalogue for $30.. Bargain!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts