Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
i like it dirty
nissan patrol
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and got some of that mesh from malz/supercheap to fit to my grill.

This is how far ive gotten, as you can see ive used silicone to hold it down:withstup:

It looks stupid and i want to know how the hell am i ment to make the mesh stay on the grill.

I was going to let it dry then rub down the grill and paint it black, but people said the silicone will stick out like balls on a duck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes you need to start again, that will look terrible once painted.
Is it all one piece or did you cut it to fit the holes?
It needs to be larger than the holes so that you can fix it to back of the grill without seeing any of the glue, I would suggest sikaflex .
Good luck, post up a pic of the finished product I'm interested to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
cut the mesh half an inch to an inch larger all the way around and and fold that larger section, so when you slip it into the sections you want the mesh you can use sikoflex or contact adhesive to glue it in with out seeing the glued section

hope the picture can help explain what i mean did this to my commodore ute bikes and everything where iv used mesh never had one fall out make sure you use a little 320 grit sandpaper to roughen the area where your going to glue to give the glue something good to hold to

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
and dont glue the whole way around just a handfull of spots at few inchs apart so you end up with a nice neat finish

·
i like it dirty
nissan patrol
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im gonna do what 'ITS A FORD' said I cat believe didnt think of that befor

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
I was going to let it dry then rub down the grill and paint it black, but people said the silicone will stick out like balls on a duck.
That wont help much, they are right.
Make sure you clean every single bit of silicone residue off the grill where you want the paint to stick. Anywhere you've touched the grill with silicone residue on your fingers that hadn't gone off will need to be cleaned of it or the paint wont stick to those spots. You'll end up with dimples everywhere.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Attached mine at the back with screws

·
Registered
73 Posts

cut the back out of the grill and silicon'd it in just used bricks etc to hold it till it set. I had no choice as standard grill no longer fitted due to to much crap behind grill.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
well mine doesnt run any hotter, about 50kph on the flat is enough to keep it cool enough so the thermo fans dont come on

pic looks good too

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
very nice finish mate looks a thousand times nicer then your first attempt well done looks the goods with that bar setup you got on the front of your truck looks cool :)

·
i like it dirty
nissan patrol
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
very nice finish mate looks a thousand times nicer then your first attempt well done looks the goods with that bar setup you got on the front of your truck looks cool :)
taking the grill off this weekend to do hids, ill take a pic of the inside

·
i like it dirty
nissan patrol
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what i did was roll it over the top then put a couple of screws in

1 - 20 of 43 Posts