Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new member here. Don't own one of these, but maybe someday.

Looking at late 80s and early 90s model Safaris, what is the difference between a Granroad and a Kingsroad? Are there other models? I looked around a it and didn't see this info, apologies if already covered.

Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
nissan
158 Posts
yup been covered here before in various places.. google granroad vs kingsroad there are a couple of sites that will help... but in essence...kingsroad is the higher spec version, leather seats, rear difflock, extra amplifier+ sub under the driver and pax seat, electric sunroof, leather steering wheel, rear aircon unit and (cooler box) gold 'NISSAN' badge (wooohooo!!)

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
just for the record leather seats, rear difflock, electric sunroof, leather steering wheel, rear aircon unit and (cooler box) gold 'NISSAN' badge (wooohooo!!) are not specific to KR.

·
Registered
73 Posts
and to confuse everyone more i have a genuine High roof Patrol purchased in Oz in 1990.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Here is a pic of an Aussie high roof Patrol...

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
and how to tell the diff between a Safari?
It says Patrol on the back where it should say Safari. ;) Pic was from Nissan Patrol GQ - 4WD. this is all they had to say about the high roof models...

Some long wheel-base Patrols come with a high roof (left). This gives extra internal room but can be squeezy in a low garage and can make finding a suitable roof rack difficult.
No kidding, eh?

I have yet to see anyone here post a pic of their Patrol badged high roof.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lot's of differences

Rear windows are sliding not fixed
12V not 24V
Ti models only
Badging says Patrol

I can post you a pic when i get home :)

And yes has the Party roof (sunroof)

·
Registered
73 Posts
sliding windows dont seem to exist in any of the Safari's iv seen even the ones with 3rd row seats.

didnt know the Petrol Safari was 12v

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
All the Y60 Safaris with 3rd row seating have the sliding window on the left, on the right as well if there is no beer cooler.

All the "camping" Y60 Safaris had 3rd row so they have the windows as well.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
Are you sure the '92 is a Safari? All three of mine have sunroofs!:evillaug:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts