Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, Mods, if there is already a thread about this, please delete this one. I was unable to find anything about this type of air filter box.;)

Ok,
What does everyone think of this modified air box for the ZD30... increases airflow quite alot apparently. NISSAN PATROL HIGH FLOW ZD30 AIRBOX SUIT TURBO / V8 (eBay item 200573462812 end time 16-Feb-11 22:05:40 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Not from a technical background but I'd be interested to see what everyone's thoughts are on it and if it's of any benefit compared to the standard unit.

Brighty

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Its very pretty :)

Is it just me or does that look like it wouldnt seal for **** - not enough bolts? Be nice to have some internal photos to see what sort of sealing is involved.

Any advatage over the replacement Airbox lid the dude sells on here?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
Firstly, Mods, if there is already a thread about this, please delete this one. I was unable to find anything about this type of air filter box.;)

Ok,
What does everyone think of this modified air box for the ZD30... increases airflow quite alot apparently. NISSAN PATROL HIGH FLOW ZD30 AIRBOX SUIT TURBO / V8 (eBay item 200573462812 end time 16-Feb-11 22:05:40 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Not from a technical background but I'd be interested to see what everyone's thoughts are on it and if it's of any benefit compared to the standard unit.

Brighty
That box isn't actually for a ZD30. The Docta probably should have called it something else. It's for a GQ. I takes the same filter as a ZD30.
It flows better than Jimmy's lid (308cfm compared to 260).
Not sure how good the seal would be. I use duct tape to seal my custom GQ box (duct tape fixes everything!) - pics below.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
The lids look like there not thick enough, and look like they'd probably warp when screwed down on to the seal, more so on the first one than the second.

·
Registered
nissan/swb gq
843 Posts
Here's what I did on mine
Same Idear but out of ally

Sorry the first photo is look's like crap , I'd only just finnished makeing it .

This one has a proper rubber seal that runs on a lip under the lid . it seam's to seal up really well .
I have changed the orientation of the Lid to give better clearence aroung the Radiator cap since the pics.

I'm planning on making another when time permit's as I reckon I can do it a bit better when I'm not rushing to get it back on the road .

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,185 Posts
Looks bloody good to me. With any luck it might be in the budget one day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Our airbox uses a 9mm foam tape to provide a very comprehensive sealing mechanism. Any distortion from fabrication or improper tightening is easily taken up in the seal. We have only had good reports so far. Our lids are being upgraded to 3mm from 2mm to reduce distortion. Any further questions, please call us. Out of respect for patrol4x4, we don't want to use this thread as advertising.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Our airbox uses a 9mm foam tape to provide a very comprehensive sealing mechanism. Any distortion from fabrication or improper tightening is easily taken up in the seal. We have only had good reports so far. Our lids are being upgraded to 3mm from 2mm to reduce distortion. Any further questions, please call us. Out of respect for patrol4x4, we don't want to use this thread as advertising.
When will you have the airboxes available with the 3mm lid?

·
Registered
nissan patrol 4x4
115 Posts
dose any one sell these now??? i know looked on ebay and they arnt on there anymore iv got a td42 gq

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU ST Coil Cab
175 Posts
I have recently purchased one of these ZD30 air boxes from patroldocta for my 99 GU 4.2TD and very happy with the design. It has a rubber seal metal thickness of lid is plenty for sturdiness and doesn't flex at all. Has plenty of bolts on lid and seals perfect. I am using this air box for performance with my 4" StStl snorkel, modified T28, laminova integrated intercooler. When I rang patroldocta they where happy to change inlet size on air box to 4" also for no extra cost. Air box uses factory bolt holes except for one bolt hole that you drill to suit. Easy fit. My opinion a great mod and a great buy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts