Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is some one on this forum that was saying they have done up a p40 engine, i was wondering what all the parts and specifcations were so i can do the same to mine and was it worth it iam just about to get one rebuilt thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi piggen ute, i wrote into mitcon,s thread about my P40 rebuild. I had the head flowed and then shaved to around the 10:1 compression ratio ( will run better on unleaded fuel with the higher compression), new steel valve seats and new valves. The block got a 20 th rebore and head face regrind, new pistons, bearings and cam bearings. A friend who builds race motors sent my cam to a regrind shop and reground the lift and duration of the cam to produce more torque, fitted a set of tuned extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust with a free flow muffler.I am running a 350cfm holley carby. This motor will rev clean off the taco and will pull away from turbo nissan's and turbo toyota's. When the points are new my tray back will climb up over the mountain ranges between Cairns and Cooktown in 5th gear and needing to brake into the corners. A bit thirsty at the speed i drive at but when i am fully fuled up i carry 255lts on board. Because of high revs i have to replace the points quite regular so i am chasing an electric dizzy, if anybody knows where i could purchase one from, please contact me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts