Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All Patrol Owners,

I'm looking at trying to get more power out of my GU 4.2TD it has 265,000ks. I just want to recap on the research I have done. In laymen's terms to get more power it's about more air at cooler tempts in, while trying to control the temps out, plus more boost and better exhaust system. I also think a pump upgrade may be in order at 265'000k but not sure.

Please correct where necessary.

Also, what brand of turbo from the factory does Nissan use on the TD4.2 1999 model and at what level of upgrade does it become unusable and need to be upgraded itself? Same question with the pump.

Hope that is understandable, any responses on this matter will be welcomed. I need all the info I can get as well as info on brands of intercoolers, turbos and snorkels would be welcomed.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Have a search this has been covered a bazillionty times. It depends on how much power you are chasing as to what mods are nessecary.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,033 Posts
Ls3 :)

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
Factory turbo is a ht18. Any more tha 15psi and they just pump hot air and 130kw is about the limit with 11mm pump. Like Smeagol said, it's been covered many times but I find every time I do a search I end up getting off track and reading about other things.
First thing you need is EGT and Boost gauge if you haven't already got one so you can see what's happening.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spud truck

Thanks mate for the turbo info and the rest. That straight foward info is great I know all this stuff has been covered before but I haven't the time to troll through everything in forums to find what need .thanks again just trying to line everything up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts