Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anybody help me? I have been looking for a detailed map of moreton island. Camp sites etc. i know there is about 8 campsites but just want to see where abouts on the island they are.

Cheers in advance

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
How busy does it get up there?? I realise its seasonal with holidays and ****, just dont hear many people from down here going to Morton...
eg: always heaps of space? or its like a sardine tin.

·
Registered
192 Posts
How busy does it get up there?? I realise its seasonal with holidays and ****, just dont hear many people from down here going to Morton...
eg: always heaps of space? or its like a sardine tin.
True. In Jan it goes from 120 bookings to about 20 bookings. There's heaps of space after the Xmas rush.
Geoff

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Love going to moteton island
X 2 , I actually prefer Moreton to fraser - a lot less crowded but a bit more expensive to get there now

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Cheers fellas.

I will admit pre school holidays I didnt have any issues with the crowds on Fraser, but first day of school holidays the wave of cars coming down the beach was amazing.

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Where does the ferry depart for moreton?

that ferry cost seems very expensive, are beach permits required on top of that?

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
Have been looking into it the last couple of days. Ferry cost $265 return for car and family(2 adults and upto 3 kids). Check out this link for campsite availability. Seems to be plenty and like you say, not as busy as Fraser.

https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iaparks/gds/IAGDS050.do;jsessionid=94dafa7b0dc44d31ac8b8c4225abd055

If ya check out that map that Tom posted and punch in each area on the link you can see the availability in each campsite area.

Rick
when we went a few yrs back we stayed in the ben-ewa campsite. there is only about 10 sites so it is nice and quiet, there is toilets,cold showers, water. just a short drive to tangalooma wrecks for a bit of snorkelling. most of all very few midgies. was great in the sun as it is all trees so it was always a bit shady but this weather it wouldnt matter. next time we go i will stay there as well but bring a looong garden hose to take to the tap and just connect for the washing/camp shower water filling. good luck, as the weather looks like it may clear for us all.

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where does the ferry depart for moreton?

that ferry cost seems very expensive, are beach permits required on top of that?
In Brissie Tonka. Check out Moreton Island Ferries | MiCat - Vehicle & Passenger Ferry Services to Moreton Island, Brisbane, Queensland for exact directions. As stated is pretty dear but i think the lack of crowds will make up for it. Is also a 30k speed limit on the beach which is heaps better when ya have kids compared to 80k on Fraser.

Yeah there is camping fees on top of that. 40 bucks for a beach permit which lasts for a month. All up 2 adults and 2 kids was 108. As usual you get fu#k all for free anymore

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Thanks bloke, $220 return with 4wd for 2 adults. Then i saw how long it takes to get there and realised that's why its so costly.

1h 15mins as opposed to frasers 10 minutes.

After seeing pics of the tangalooma wrecks, i gotta go. Snorkeling would kick ass there.

Id love to see the dolphins too

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heard the dolphins are a bit of a scam. Will check it all out while we are there and put a bit of a thread together when we get home.

Finally get the chance to get some pikkies for my pootrol in beautiful places

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Its cheaper than Tassie @ $1500 for 2 ad 2 kids, patrol and trailer :(

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,098 Posts
^^ :shock: Holy sh*t! Do ya get a share of the profits with that?:eyepoke: ^^

That's gotta hurt your budget a bit.:(

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Heard the dolphins are a bit of a scam.
yeah the resort guests got first dibs on dolphin feeding when we were there last

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.