Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
459 Posts
You should change your post to "Cost to purchase and run" as the purchase price skews these numbers massively!! Its a pretty bogus comparison really.

Fuel cost as a percentage in that compaison obviously makes stuff all difference in the total cost of ownership. Just look at their weekly cost difference between petrol and diesel cruiser.

Has anyone actually paid 90k for an ST-L!?!?

Imagine the RACV figures if they used a $250k S/C V8 Range Rover sport in the comparison!

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
This smells like uninformed bull****, the photo seems to show a GU!

I find it hard to believe y61 or y62 is more expensive than any of the luxury european 4wds.

·
Registered
nissan
875 Posts
This smells like uninformed bull****, the photo seems to show a GU!

I find it hard to believe y61 or y62 is more expensive than any of the luxury european 4wds.

X2

Given that the photo is of the driver side of the vehicle and the Y62 fuel filler is on the passenger side.... (Not a reversed image - look at the writing on the notes)
Also, how many filler pipes does the Y62 have?

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
This is bull shyte at its best. The comparison should have been 4x4 vs 4x4 not 4x4 vs little electric chit box. Like others have said a Range rover sport $196,000 drive away will trump the purchase and running cost of Two Y62's.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
Might as well compare the Airbus A380 and the Suzuki Swift while they are at it.
As I drive past in my Y62 smoking off the lights, window down and two fingers in the air to them all.

If we all keep shush on the ACTUAL economy and running cost of the Y62 the purchase prices will remain low. If it gets out the they are comparatively similar compared to some (not to mention CRD's) every bugger will want one........So Mum's the word.

·
Registered
nissan aptrol y62 ti-l
39 Posts
Given that I only paid $70K for a Ti-L demo their "list price" for a ST-L of $82,690 is pretty funny. And yes the cheapest thing about owning a Range Rover is the purchase price, their devaluation and the cost of owning a flat bed to take it back to the workshop every couple of months will keep me from ever buying another. If a 4WD isn't Japanese it isn't worth owning. Now how will the RAC build that into their calculations?

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
We're number one! We're number one! Shout it with me now! We're number one!

Just ask all the toureg drivers who need new pads and rotors after 40,000km what their real running costs are! Anyhow who gives a ****. Running costs is something poor people worry about. I sit in my air conditioned seat, wind down the window only 1 1/2 inch and shout "Let them eat cake" while hitting speed humps outside their housing commission flats at 70k/h.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
306 Posts
We're number one! We're number one! Shout it with me now! We're number one!

Just ask all the toureg drivers who need new pads and rotors after 40,000km what their real running costs are! Anyhow who gives a ****. Running costs is something poor people worry about. I sit in my air conditioned seat, wind down the window only 1 1/2 inch and shout "Let them eat cake" while hitting speed humps outside their housing commission flats at 70k/h.
We need a like button for comments like these

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nissan Patrol Y62 > Most expensive car to run

I now have 4000ks on my Y62 TI payed $57182 (I'm a TPI) on road x Melbourne at the end of April.( 2013 new car not a demo) I've been driving my GU TI4.2 2006 for eight years some times pulling a 24ft caravan the fuel used on high way 10 to 11 LPHKs, around town 11 to 12 LPHKs with van 20 to 22 LPHKs. (into strong wind 25LPHKs)

The Y62 on highway 11to 12 LPHKs from Melbourne to Sydney. Then a quick trip to Melbourne and back to Sydney with van 22 LPHKs, I have not done town trips yet.
I don't take any notice of what some bean counter tells me I drive and pay the costs, it does cost more than my wife's I20 BUT ANY ONE WITH A LARGE 4X4 HAS TO BE PAYING MORE THAN SMALL 4X4s stands to reason. Can any one show me where a motor review has been done on the Y62 against petrol Landcruiser, Jeep v8,exec.

·
Registered
nissan
316 Posts
I now have 4000ks on my Y62 TI payed $57182 (I'm a TPI) on road x Melbourne at the end of April.( 2013 new car not a demo) I've been driving my GU TI4.2 2006 for eight years some times pulling a 24ft caravan the fuel used on high way 10 to 11 LPHKs, around town 11 to 12 LPHKs with van 20 to 22 LPHKs. (into strong wind 25LPHKs)

The Y62 on highway 11to 12 LPHKs from Melbourne to Sydney. Then a quick trip to Melbourne and back to Sydney with van 22 LPHKs, I have not done town trips yet.
I don't take any notice of what some bean counter tells me I drive and pay the costs, it does cost more than my wife's I20 BUT ANY ONE WITH A LARGE 4X4 HAS TO BE PAYING MORE THAN SMALL 4X4s stands to reason. Can any one show me where a motor review has been done on the Y62 against petrol Landcruiser, Jeep v8,exec.
Saw this one on Nissan Facebook page although it is another diesel-petrol, maybe the Toyo lover editors are frightened to what reality is when comparing petrol to petrol. Not sure where the page was from but the guy who posted it is on the Aussie Patrol Y62 Facebook page.
Gets me to why the editors are comparing any Y62 to a slug cruiser with no luxuries. Should be compared to the Lexus LX570 which has similar sized engine and luxury even though I have been told it is only a 6 speed

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Saw this one on Nissan Facebook page although it is another diesel-petrol, maybe the Toyo lover editors are frightened to what reality is when comparing petrol to petrol.
Probably more like no one on earth gives a toss about comparing the two. How many copies would run off the shelf of that type of comparison between two ultra low selling cars?

Agree it's more relatable, but care factor for 99.5% of people is very low. Have a new model of something against a high volume popular model will at least get a few people semi interested.

·
Registered
nissan
316 Posts
Probably more like no one on earth gives a toss about comparing the two. How many copies would run off the shelf of that type of comparison between two ultra low selling cars?

Agree it's more relatable, but care factor for 99.5% of people is very low. Have a new model of something against a high volume popular model will at least get a few people semi interested.
Yes it is a shame they are quoting apples and lemons

Nissan Australia seem to not care what the editors keep saying, shame they can't stand up and support their own vehicle like I read in this furum, if they could there would be lots more sales am sure.
Normally same old bagging from review to review, all about fuel thirst when compared to a smaller engine, trouble is most people plebs reading this crap believe it

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
Yes it is a shame they are quoting apples and lemons

Nissan Australia seem to not care what the editors keep saying, shame they can't stand up and support their own vehicle like I read in this furum, if they could there would be lots more sales am sure.
Normally same old bagging from review to review, all about fuel thirst when compared to a smaller engine, trouble is most people plebs reading this crap believe it
what is there for them to defend?

any attempts to justify the vehicle will be taken as an admission of its sales failure in australia.

there is nothing to defend about the running costs of a gigantic 4wd with a 5.6L V8 engine.

it is going to use a lot of fuel. simple as that. anyone who thinks otherwise has their head implanted inside their anus.

·
Registered
nissan
316 Posts
It is not about Nissan defending. It is more about stating that why compare say a Y62 to Landcruiser as it is like comparing a Prado to a QASHQAI
All I am saying is they should be comparing the Y62 to the Petrol Lexus LX570 with similar engine and luxury features
APPLES FOR APPLES NOT APPLES FOR LEMONS

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
It probably will be when the CVs start breaking, the steering links bend, the diff looses teeth on the crownwheel and countless other things get damaged when the Y62s are taken on decent tracks ;)

Wasnt it in that 4WD Action video where the roo fella breaks a 200 series CV? Hmmm all alike these vehicles....

Ok ok I jest.

It will be interesting to see how the Y62 stands the test of time against the Y61. The Y61 isnt bulletproof, but parts are easily swapped out like 300M heat treated drag links to fix known things that can break

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
It goes without saying that all vehicles have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm approaching 90 K with my vehicle having done a few hundred km 4wding and about 60K towing 2.5 tonnes with no significant issues and no tilt tray experiences.

I've had two y61 s and in both cases found the heart of the beast barely up to moving the vehicle around let alone towing moderately heavy weights.

So what use a tough vehicle where bits can be easily found when the power plant is nothing more than a skinny weed. This will never be the y62 s issue. ....no need for chips exhausts or other optimistic fiddling.

John b

1 - 20 of 21 Posts