Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday Gday Im looking at doing a turbo setup on my td42 gq with a top mount cooler and obviously the oval air filter has to go?

My question is if the engine was built to suit 2 filters and i take out one is the motor going to suffer from not as clean air or do i get a better one to go where the small round one is, or is that small one enough? How many microns are they two filters combined

Cheers charlie

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but is that better or same micron filtration

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
long as you use a decent filter. ie nissan or one of the better aftermarket filters you will be fine.
fwiw my td42 only came with the main filter. the smaller one behind the headlight is only a precleaner to remove the bigger stuff before it gets to the main. one good filter will do every thing the 2 standard setups will do. just check and clean your filter every 5000km

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats what i was thinking also get a k&n filter and a service kit think i be sweet as even get one of them snorkel socks that go inside ur snorkel they prob do decent job too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.