Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently we had a B Double drive into the back of 3 parked trucks, no details on how, why so far but if that had happened later in the morning it could have been catastrophic, another one last night out near Werribee I think where a big truck rolled several times, luckily happened in minimal traffic again, the mind boggles at what could have been. I went looking for data on accidents found this, although it doesn't specifically outline truck crashes the data is interesting.

A grab from the above.
Truck Crash data to end June 2019 so not quite as up to date.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,034 Posts
I think more cars crash compared to trucks, just seems when a truck crashes it makes the head lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think more cars crash compared to trucks, just seems when a truck crashes it makes the head lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think that is fairly obvious, considering the number of cars on the road compared to trucks, yes sure they will make the headlines and that is understandable, can you imagine either of those crashes I mentioned happening at 8 or 9 in the morning??????? If you read the data on trucks you will notice that various states have seen improvement whereas others have seen minor increases.
I think the seriousness of the crashes is what is relelvant and there seems to be an increase in recent months after this data came out.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Soon we won't have to worry about these things. With the introduction of driverless cars we will all be saved from human error.

Although, I must admit I have my doubts. It seems like every other day that a computer system crashes.

I wonder how you reboot the driverless car computer at 60mph?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts