Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I klutzed a couple of Friday's ago with my motorbike. I left the fuel tap on overnight in the prime position and I got some fuel in my sump :diablo: I rode for approximately 15km before I realised it had happened.

Long story short, I changed the oil and filter immediately and had a good ride over Easter. But I SWEAR my bike has more power now! :dunno:
It just seems to pull harder since my klutz up. Could I have unintentionally done something positive to the motor by running with some petrol in the sump for a little while?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
You stripped all the gunk out of the crank bearings thus allowing it to rev faster. Oh oh spaghettio.

Dump the oil and just run pure petrol to test the theory...
Booooom.

Ha ha na i dunno maybe placebo effect bud?

Disclaimer
dont run fuel in the sump i was just gagging eh ;)

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh, nah I don't think I've done damage, I did over 400 km on the weekend and it was fine.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
What kinda motor sickle ya got bud?

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
On second thoughts it might have been the carburettor getting a rinse out. How long since you cleaned the jet(s)?

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,098 Posts
So ya rings are stuffed? :confused:

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did 15 km before realising. Changed oil and filter. I've done 400ish km since change and it SINGS along. Honestly feels better than it ever has before. Popping mono's heaps more.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Clean the petrol filters and make sure the float is moving easily, should be OK. They are pretty simple.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
There's no logical reason for your bike to be going harder since you left the fuel tap on.

But ask on advrider.com, there's a lot of DR gurus there.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,134 Posts
You havent fitted that new pipe and forgot about it have you??

No, seriously.

Maybe your cylinder was a bit glazed, and the fuel soaked oil has stripped it???

OR, You may have stumbled across a new power up mod,

All the turd42 owners will be rushing out and filling their sumps with unleaded.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts