Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen these on Ebay for around $200 , and the carpets in my SWB MK are not in the best of condition shall we say..

The vinyl option seemed like a sensible idea, one piece, something I could sponge down after being out in the mud - anyone bought one? got one? fitted one?

Anyone done anything different? I'm terribly clumsy with knives so the idea of cutting and fitting something myself doesn't appeal - it'd be crap and I'd be annoyed with myself :D

·
Registered
nissan
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't mind cutting the odd hole, it was the idea of fitting something to edges etc. You should see the mess of the rubber mat I cut to put in the back of my Navara :rolleyes:

Looking at the pics on Ebay ($220 + $19 postage ;) ) there are no holes in it for gear levers etc., so you seem to be 100% on the money there. I reckon I could handle that, but I'm a bit dubious when they say "1980-present" - surely they aren't all the bloody same!

·
Registered
Have owned most, MQ, MK, GQ/TB, GQ/TD, GU/ZD and now finally GU TD42Ti
3,309 Posts
so the MQ/MK moulded carpets/ vinyl can be a bastard to get in, but I do suggest doing the following:

1) Remove seats
2) Remove Centre Console
3) Remove Seat Belt clips
4) Remove Carpet

Once removed, line it up with your new one, and get a feel for how everything fits
After that, it should be easier ;)

Some manufacturer claimed that they fit both GQ and MQ/MK, I doubt it, they have different trans tunnel sizes... I'd double check, so that you can hand it back in case

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Some manufacturer claimed that they fit both GQ and MQ/MK, I doubt it, they have different trans tunnel sizes... I'd double check, so that you can hand it back in case
GQ and MQ/MK are completely different and will not fit unless you can re-mould it. I have both a GQ and a MQ at home.

I Brought a kind of rubber/Vinyl hybrid checkerplate designed stuff lol. Hard to explain but it looks awesome and is very durable. Only cost me about $40 per metre and its 1.6m wide.

·
Registered
nissan
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the same stuff from Clark Rubber for my Ute... and made a complete horlicks of cutting it to size :doh:

I want to change the back bench seat in the next few weeks, front seats I've just changed to buckets so they are easy to remove, and the centre tunnel bit is only held in at the back with two self tappers.. should take me more than 10 minutes to strip it out.

If it's fairly flat I may go down the rubber mat road... but I don't know if I can stand the stink when the rubber gets hot in the sun. :confused:

·
Registered
nissan
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how did you go getting it to fit? I would have thought it would have been a bugger! Did you glue it in somehow to get it to stay in place?

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
havent gotten around to putting it in yet. but its pretty simple. just lay it on the floor out flat and use a heat gun and it gets very flexable and then u mould it and when it cools it should stay there. done it before on a different vehicle a while ago. Leaving it in the sun for a while will also work but u have to be quick about it before it cools back down

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
If you do make sure to get atleast half a meter more than you think you need and dont cut it till your finished the moulding. that way you know its gonna fit properly and you can just cut along the door sil and such when ur finished

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Try a wanted add in the classifieds,top of the page
Good 2nd hand standard vinyl flooring is hard to get , but aint worth a thing as theres only a few who want it
I threw out a couple awhile ago, got sick of moving around the shed

·
Registered
9 Posts
GQ and MQ/MK are completely different and will not fit unless you can re-mould it. I have both a GQ and a MQ at home.

I Brought a kind of rubber/Vinyl hybrid checkerplate designed stuff lol. Hard to explain but it looks awesome and is very durable. Only cost me about $40 per metre and its 1.6m wide.
Where did you get it from any pics please

1 - 14 of 14 Posts