Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone elses dog started to moult like crazy, mine has been moulting for a couple of weeks now, but the thing is she doesnt have long or thick hair , she only has short and thin hair, my last dog was a blue healer and had a really thick coat of hair and only moulted a little when summer is starting and only after a bath, this dog ( stumpy tail blue cattle x red cattle x ?? dingo maybe, looks like a red cattle x dingo) every time she shakes she looses atleast 5000 hairs, its everywhere, and she never has moulted this bad before , she still has plenty of hair to go and its not like she is going bald or anything

thoughts.........

·
Banned
nissan patrol
78 Posts
I've got a border collie and I cant see how he isn't bald, his been losing so much hair its not funny if he jumps into the car hair flys around gets in your eyes its ****ed

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Haha, I read that title as Mounting Dogs at first glance and thought WTF! that's why im posting. Continue....

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Humidity is the culprit

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
noooo..... but i miss the goat, i might go pay him/her? a visit toomorrow.......................

·
Banned
nissan
69 Posts
[is anyone elses dog started to moult like crazy, mine has been moulting for a couple of weeks now, but the thing is she doesnt have long or thick hair , she only has short and thin hair, my last dog was a blue healer and had a really thick coat of hair and only moulted a little when summer is starting and only after a bath, this dog ( stumpy tail blue cattle x red cattle x ?? dingo maybe, looks like a red cattle x dingo) every time she shakes she looses atleast 5000 hairs, its everywhere, and she never has moulted this bad before , she still has plenty of hair to go and its not like she is going bald or anything]

Yeah mate has to do with the weather atm, use a hacksaw blade, curve it into a semi circle and using the teeth side scrape lightly all over, it will help to keep the hair down a little, have you checked his/her skin for any signs of skin irritation.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nah her skin is fine, other than a few scrapes from chasing possums up the tree out the back, didnt think of the hacksaw blade , i waill give that a go now

cheers

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
I had two goats, they were the best pets ever! Used to take them for walks down to the skate park when I was a kid. We had one that was about 1.5m tall!

·
Banned
nissan
69 Posts
If it is as bad as it seems, wouldnt hurt having a check up, just in case there are some issues that need dealing with

1 - 20 of 31 Posts