Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

We went up to Mount Airlie last weekend and had a great trip.
When we arrived at the front gate there was a sign saying the property had been sold and no camping allowed.
After talking to Col, he informed us he had sold the top of his property but he still allowed us to go on there and camp for the night. We had a good look around the base of the hill then attacked the hill climbs.
Col had told us there was a track that none of us would be able get through, that was the wrong thing to say as we took that as a challenge.
We completed the entire track with only a few scrapes to some of the trucks but all had a good time.
I would recomend anyone thinking of heading up there to do so soon as the tracks could get closed off soon.
I will post a few vids on youtube soon.

·
Registered
nissan/gq
4 Posts
Hi where exactly is mount airly i am wanting to go up there but am not sure where im going once i get to capertee

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Mighty Mav, it's not real easy to find, but if you turn right after the servo at Capertee (coming from Lithgow) it's a few kays down the road to Glen Davis on the left hand side. You pass the turn off to the mine and it's not too far past that. I'm sure someone will know exactly how many kays it is. like Travntor says there's a sign at entrance with "property had been sold and no camping allowed" once you drive in you'll see the planes and bits of pieces Old Col has around his rustic property. Drop in and see Col and he'll have a chat whilst you air down. Give yourself plenty of time, take the first left you come to once up the hill and get out and check out the awesome lookouts. This loops back to the main track and then proceed onto the Grotto. you'll take a left and come to a dead end from here you take the walk to the Grotto, if you have kids they will love this. I haven't driven beyond this point but i believe it gets a lot tougher from here.

Waka

·
Registered
nissan/gq
4 Posts
thanks waka its about 7kms from where you turn at capertee. i did the track all the way to the glenrowan point gate yesterday a couple of tricky parts but nothing that you cant get through with a bit of direction

·
Registered
nissan patrol
262 Posts
hey does anyone know if has been closed off with different owners?

was planning to trip it up there but keep finding people saying its not open anymore?

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Hi all

We went up to Mount Airlie last weekend and had a great trip.
When we arrived at the front gate there was a sign saying the property had been sold and no camping allowed.
After talking to Col, he informed us he had sold the top of his property but he still allowed us to go on there and camp for the night. We had a good look around the base of the hill then attacked the hill climbs.
Col had told us there was a track that none of us would be able get through, that was the wrong thing to say as we took that as a challenge.
We completed the entire track with only a few scrapes to some of the trucks but all had a good time.
I would recomend anyone thinking of heading up there to do so soon as the tracks could get closed off soon.
I will post a few vids on youtube soon.
G'day Trav

We're planning on heading up in a few weeks time. I was ondering if you'd been up since and wether or not you know if we can still get onto the property?

Would you happen to have Col's contact details or do we just meet up at the gate as you did?

If you could drop me a line here or my mobile on 0410 641 596 that would be tops.

Thanks mate

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts