06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,250 Posts
Waluu 1000, What a load of chit.
The world has gone fkn mad.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
There's 10 seconds I'll never get back. It's a zephyr in a thimble, co named that's all, it is still and will always remain Mt Panorama, it would be blasphemy to not have that still in the name.

Ah memories of an earlier life having driven in the James Hardie.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's 10 seconds I'll never get back. It's a zephyr in a thimble, co named that's all, it is still and will always remain Mt Panorama, it would be blasphemy to not have that still in the name.

Ah memories of an earlier life having driven in the James Hardie.
Remember when there was Ayers Rock? Now Uluru. It's the thin edge of the wedge.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Pretty clever work by the Council. How to please 3% of the population and piss-off 50% (the rest couldn't give a rat's.)

I also wonder about the spelling. The indigenes didn't have a written language so I guess it's phonetic. Why the double 'u?' Maybe 'Wah Loo' would be more appropriate? Like Eew Loo Roo would be.

The world is truly full of half-wits.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,675 Posts
It will always be Mt Panorama.
Just like the best footy ground in the country is Lang Park. :)

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
I don't really give a damn. I don't care much for 'tokenism' though.

I also don't like things to change for no good reason. I preferred Constantinople to Istanbul. And I preferred Peking to Beijing. What the hell is a 'Beijing Duck?'

As for Ceylon becoming 'Sri Lanka.' What happened to my Ceylon tea? Besides that, many perfectly good maps and directories have to be changed. It's just plain stupid and pointless and just doing something for the sake of doing it. I can see it becoming epidemic in Australia. 'They got it, why can't we.' Just you wait and see.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Still Ayers Rock to me and Mt Panorama will remain Mt Panorama to me as well, don't give 2F's to the 3% of the population as we always seem to bend over backwards to please them and it's still not enough.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
There is more historical significance calling Mt Panorama, Mt Panorama than some name that a tribe of natives 3 generations ago used to call that annoying hill they probably never walked up.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,016 Posts
This whole recognising aboriginal history dealio is all good and well, but why at the expense of white Australian history?
How many people know of Mt. Panorama and the race that's held on it? Millions.
How many people have even heard the name Waluu? I sure as hell haven't

1 - 15 of 15 Posts