Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've just put a nissan steel bar onto my Series 1 patrol, and i'm trying to mount a Tigerz11 12,000lb winch onto the front of it....

I had to rotate it 90deg to mount it onto the mounting plate on the nissan bar, therefore i had to spin the gearbox around. That was no biggie. The second problem I ran into was that the bolts that were supplied with the kit, weren't long enough to bolt the fairlead and the winch together with the mounting plate of the bar in between... So i got some longer bolts and now that's sorted.

My last problem, which is probably the biggest... is that because the winch is mounted at 90deg.... i can't mount the control box on top of it.... Hence now i have no idea to mount it.

Can anyone give me some ideas on what they've done to mount their tigerz winch control boxes!

Thanks,

TF

·
Registered
nissan
198 Posts
Pulled the thing apart!! It's huge.

I've put the solenoid in a spot under the headlight and next to the radiator. The controller plug and remote box have been put in a smaller box that sits next to the washer bottle.

I had to buy longer cables for everything. Hoping to finish wiring it all up this weekend.

Cheers
Craig

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Mine's a T-Max, but essentailly the same thing. Just knocked out the pre-cut hole in the bar, drilled a couple of holes, and wacked a few bolts on.

The power cables are just long enough to reach the control box here.

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pulled the thing apart!! It's huge.

I've put the solenoid in a spot under the headlight and next to the radiator. The controller plug and remote box have been put in a smaller box that sits next to the washer bottle.

I had to buy longer cables for everything. Hoping to finish wiring it all up this weekend.

Cheers
Craig
Wow what a pain in the ass!! No way in hell am I handy enough to do that!

Mine's a T-Max, but essentailly the same thing. Just knocked out the pre-cut hole in the bar, drilled a couple of holes, and wacked a few bolts on.

The power cables are just long enough to reach the control box here.

Yeh that's pretty much exactly what i was thinking of doing. How do you get down to the clutch handle of your gearbox now though?

TF

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Like the sticker TF;)

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which sticker pete?

The above photo is of 'aussied's' truck if that's the one that you're referring too?

If so then i agree, great sticker!

TF

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Which sticker pete?

The above photo is of 'aussied's' truck if that's the one that you're referring too?

If so then i agree, great sticker!

TF
Sorry Aussied......Good sticker mate, thanks for the pick up TF:doh:

·
Registered
419 Posts
here's how I did mine.

I can't remember if the bracket I used came with it or if it was something I had lying about the shed.

I put it to the side so you can still reach through to get the clutch lever.

·
Registered
Nissan GU 4.2
9 Posts
i fitted one of the tiggerz11's about 6 months ago, put the solenoid in the engine bay above the left wheel near the fire wall, then put the hard wired control plug and select button thing on the dash just infront of the gearstick next to the cig lighter!!!
looks great and you can control it all from ur seat while someone else runs the winch out ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Guys,

I've just put a nissan steel bar onto my Series 1 patrol, and i'm trying to mount a Tigerz11 12,000lb winch onto the front of it....

I had to rotate it 90deg to mount it onto the mounting plate on the nissan bar, therefore i had to spin the gearbox around. That was no biggie. The second problem I ran into was that the bolts that were supplied with the kit, weren't long enough to bolt the fairlead and the winch together with the mounting plate of the bar in between... So i got some longer bolts and now that's sorted.

My last problem, which is probably the biggest... is that because the winch is mounted at 90deg.... i can't mount the control box on top of it.... Hence now i have no idea to mount it.

Can anyone give me some ideas on what they've done to mount their tigerz winch control boxes!

Thanks,

TF
mate we are the only people to supply 2 sets of brackets ,,1 set to clip onto the 2 tie rods and the other set you can bolt to your bumper,

ring ben 0424256939 for some advice,

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Hey TF yes the two bolts that go through the fairlead are too short by about 10-15mm. Had the same problem on an ARB bar on a new Triton. Had to do some minor trimming to the fairlead roller bolt bracket on the bar itself and redrill the fairlead bracket too to get the fairlead to fit and line up but once done the winch worked a treat and you'll find a few winches to be like this.
Used the supplied angle bracket to mount the solenoid pack on top of the bar right in the middle (did not like the idea of mounting the solenoid pack to the tie rod in case of rope bunch up), just drilled a couple of holes but there wasn't much room between the pack and the grill. Put it so it didnt protrude beyond the bar tho.
On yours you could bolt some 6-8mm flat bat across the sight hole onto the bar then bolt the angle bracket into two more holes drilled into it.
cheers

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
195 Posts
hey TF,
i've got one installed in a GU with nissan bar if you want some pix?
my brother (coxy321) did the install for me.

·
Registered
963 Posts
You should have no trouble installing the Tigerz11 winch into your GU.

I have mounted the solenoid box ontop of the bar, fits no worries.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I fitted mine up to a standard Patrol Bar, didn't have to turn the gearbox or anything? Yes the bolts were too short so I shot down to bunnings and got some longer ones for a coupla bucks.
I mounted the control box in the bull bar. It is a bit of a mish as its a chicken or egg thing trying to get the bolts through the bracket, but then trying to get the bracket bolted onto the contol unit, took a bit of ****ing about and a whole lot of fowl language, but all good now. I do intend mounting under the bonnet when I find the time.

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well i finally got round to mounting the control box for my winch.....

I took the angle brackets that were supplied with the winch, and bent them at a 90deg angle. Then bolted em on the top so the box sits in the hole. I can now only JUST get my hand down through to get to the gearbox lever, but i can actually get at the lever from the front, so i'm not heaps fussed.

I'm a little curious as to why my control box looks different to every other tigerz11 one i've seen. The little switch that switches between remote and cable controller seems pretty flimsy. Ah well time will tell i guess, it's covered by warranty.

Here's some photos.

Thanks for all your help guys.

TF

·
Registered
nissan
1,730 Posts
Good work Jordy, I see you are still handy with the zip ties lol :)
Your truck was looking good the other day with the new rack and bar. Have to get that winch tested out now!

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahaa. me and zippies have a close relationship that's for sure.

Yeh i'm happy with the work done on it the last couple of weeks, got the snorkel put on at the start of this week too so i'm looking forward to testing that out.

I'm heading over to victoria to work for 4 weeks which is just on the west side of Gippsland, hoping to spend a few days in the Vic High Country.

Definately give the winch and snorkel a good testing there no doubt!

TF

1 - 20 of 27 Posts