Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Over there somewhere...
Nissan
Discussion Starter #1
After many years in FNQ we have both decided to transfer down where there are more people - towards Brisvegas. We will both be working about an hour or so north of Brissie.

It's time for a move to a place where it will be a bit cooler in summer, which means less than the average of 36 degrees a day, and having rain throughout the year. Would you believe I don't own a jumper??? The minimum temp here in winter is about 15 degrees at night.

Removal expenses are covered by work up to 50 cubic meters plus the boat and one car. I don't think I'm gonna fit it all into 50.

I'm going to really hate clearing out the shed. All those bits of wire, metal, wood, tin, etc etc that you save over the years will all have to be tossed... :(

I think the things I will miss the most is having no neighbours, no noise and walking outside to see a crystal clear sky at night.

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
So you both have jobs just north of Brissie and you're going to move here and want temps under 36c, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

Only way to get temps under that will be ........... Tassie.:ahah:

Over there somewhere...
Nissan
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for that wonderful, insightful comment and for calling me stupid/doh. My comment should have read that daytime temps here average 36 over the whole year.

You have no idea. Why did I even bother posting...

Over there somewhere...
Nissan
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the decent comment cowboy.

All my family are in and around Peachester, Beerwah, Kilcoy, Kenilworth, Yandina, Woombye, Nambour, Mapleton, Maleney, Narangbah etc etc etc. We have a really strong, long family history all through there.

It will be good to be able to see them all again and be somewhere a bit cooler for a while.

Registered
nissan
Thanks for the decent comment cowboy.
:bigthumb: no worrys mate.

I like Kilcoy went to a rodeo out there once and stayed an extra couple of days not a bad area. Wouldnt mind trying to find a few places to go hunting out there!

It's all good
nissan patrol
So you want temps under 36c, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:
Have you ever lived in the far north ? If you have you will know what Bates is talking about with the heat and humidity
Good luck with the move mate and all the best

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Thanks for that wonderful, insightful comment and for calling me stupid/doh. My comment should have read that daytime temps here average 36 over the whole year.

You have no idea. Why did I even bother posting...
Well if you took my post as calling you stupid...... then you have read mine the wrong way also!!

The humidity is not that much removed from where you are coming from now and nor is the temp.

The way I read it was you wanted to move somewhere on the east coast with temps under 36c and less humidity.

Sorry

Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
So you both have jobs just north of Brissie and you're going to move here and want temps under 36c, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:
On the brisbane news tonite they said it had warmed up to 23 degrees at the beach by mid morning.......We don't get in the pool till the water temp is over 26.
Had the air con in the bedroom set to 25 last night. first decent sleep for a few weeks.

Hope your move goes well. Done a few myself over the last 20 years, but I don't seem to lose all the crap.:(

Over there somewhere...
Nissan
Discussion Starter #13
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
The humidity is not that much removed from where you are coming from now and nor is the temp.

The way I read it was you wanted to move somewhere on the east coast with temps under 36c and less humidity.

Sorry
It may look similar on paper or when they read it on the news at night but in reality the tempreture & Humidity in SEQ is not even close to what you get up north.
Sure it gets walm in Brisbane. (Its 29c in my lounge room ATM) Up in FNQ you are sweating like a proverbial pig by 8:30 in the morning and it just gets hotter. Thats with full cloud cover. When the sun is out you get roached.

Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
Have you ever lived in the far north ? If you have you will know what Bates is talking about with the heat and humidity
Good luck with the move mate and all the best
Geez...I spent 2 months in Cairns from early Nov to late December...really liked the place and the diving was PRIMO. I can relate to what Bates is saying and I was gone before the rainy season kicked in..thank F!!

Gunner
nissan patrol
Bates, its quite funny, you are moving south for cooler weather and I am moving north for warmer weather. On the subject of the weather you get where you are I know that climate very well, I spent 5 years in Darwin and 2 years in Cairns and the Gulf. I used to love it, but I think it would make shrivel up if I went back that way now. Haven't been up there in 15 years.

It's all good
nissan patrol
It may look similar on paper or when they read it on the news at night but in reality the tempreture & Humidity in SEQ is not even close to what you get up north.
Sure it gets walm in Brisbane. (Its 29c in my lounge room ATM) Up in FNQ you are sweating like a proverbial pig by 8:30 in the morning and it just gets hotter. Thats with full cloud cover. When the sun is out you get roached.
Agreed , I spent 2 years in Townsville/Cairns/Lawn Hill and that was enough for me , it was the only time i ever relied on the house airconditioning

Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
I was working as a labourer in Cairns, drank a minimum of 8 litres of water a day....only ever went to the toilet once!!!!

Registered
nissan
Too true, today at the moment, 1pm and the indoor temp is 36c and humidity up around 75% and is partly cloudy.

but that's an average day in Townsville during the wet season.

My vote would go to Darwin for the 'hot and humid' award.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts