Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
nissan
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Giday All,

Missus has a small gardening business and recently bought a s/h ride-on mower.
Its a Husqvana, 500cc, 2 yrs old and even has a diff.

Now, as one would, Im checking out the engineering and the potential of modifying it.
[Im a Patrol owner, its in the blood]

I havent mentioned anything to her but she did spring me watching clips of mower racing on the Tube. I got 'that look' but somethings are worth getting in the **** for.

Anyone involved in this sport?

Cheers.....Lionel.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not Racing but I have modded my ride on with Massive 20x12.5 inch muddies and welded the diff.

Its got no brakes and instead relies on something called a "hydrostatic drive" to slow it down which doesn't work that well on steep hills. I find the nearest tree pulls it up quite well though. The deck is quite wide and is excellent for preventing rollovers

I have had to winch it on 2 occasions once with the highlift and once with the patrol.
tried the Max trax on the third occasion which work quite well (just lift it up and poke em under)

I had the Missus on it one day driving up the hill in reverse while I pushed from the front. the wheels were spinning, the arse was jumping around and I kept slipping over it front of it but managed to jump up each time before it ran me over and keep pushing. After a few minutes called a stop and looked up to see the Missus bawling her eyes out and shaking, apparently she had thought she was about to run me over each time I fell. To her credit she kept her boot into it the whole time.

Dangerous things these mowers... Hmm I should go down and bend the deck back off the blades from where I hit that last stump

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,367 Posts
I have a rancher ride on mower chassis sitting here if anyone wants it, complete minus engine and gearbox. I was going to make it into a tractor with a hydraulic drive and an 8hp engine, but really cbf't.

A mate wants weld a v8 to it, with a home bodgy shortened borg warner diff........cannot see it happening though.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
There was a home made 318/340 chrysler V8 ride on,on evilbay a week or so ago

I think there comes a time when once was a ride on doesnt exist

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
29,727 Posts
They're a crazy bunch. There was a youtube vid a while ago, that had a rotary engine in it, and went like the clappers.:driving: The radiator size let it down though.:(

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
nissan
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, 4 stroke.

At the moment Ive got the hood up. The boss thinks Im giving it a service.
If she only knew I was really working out where the supercharger was going to fit and how to plumb the Nitrous system.....hahaha.

Even if I dont get it to the track she can mow lawns at 200 kph.

Cheers.....Lionel.

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
Yep, 4 stroke.

At the moment Ive got the hood up. The boss thinks Im giving it a service.
If she only knew I was really working out where the supercharger was going to fit and how to plumb the Nitrous system.....hahaha.

Even if I dont get it to the track she can mow lawns at 200 kph..
have a look at Youtube for the Unzud dude with the rotary in his mower racing it...

there was a thread here recently on the whole sport.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.