Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Just in the process of picking up my project GQ, its a GQ wagon chassis but with an MQ single cab shell, just wondering when it comes to getting registered i know ill need to get an engineers cert for it, but would it be registered as a GQ or MQ? and also would i need to register it b4 i put a body lift on or can that be done afterwards.

Thanks

Ps, plan on puttin a rhino buggy shell on it down the track, but have some big plans for it now, will continue the build on this thread

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,855 Posts
If the chassis, engine, driveline etc are GQ - it will be a GQ with a body swap. So register as GQ.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
Just a body swap
Now could be wrong,youll have to check
But every safety feature of the GQ mite have to be implimented to the MQ cab
Jump on the web site of main roads/dept of transport in your state it should be there

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
na mate, i got a thread on 4x4earth.com.au for a hummer build with like 3 comps, thats mine, plan on gettin the hummer shell on later down the track, but for now mite even look at 1 or 2 comps in b4 the cape trip in may/june next year

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok got a question for people in the know, its got a 4.2 petrol with 5 speed manual in her atm, but ive also got a rb30 with 5 speed manual, what the the pros and cons for each?

im tempted to put her on gas so that i can save a bit of money. if people could give me some pros and cons on the 2 engines and the gas setup and turbo setup for each that would be awesome

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well just got the other engines diffs and gearbox home, now have 2xtb42's with 1 5 speed manual (1 engine and 1 gearbox in the car atm) and 1xrb30 and 1 5speed manual to suit, 2 complete diffs and housings with brakes (1 front and 1 rear) transfer case for rb30. if anyone wants to possibly by the rb30 let us no

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.