Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi evryone the time has finally come and im doing my shorty up ive had for 15 years 1st car lol ideas for the rebuild and pics would be awesome cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wish you the best of luck I’m also restoring my second lwb high roof mk now in Norway. A good tip is to start with what you think is the hardest. Makes it so more motivational and fun when there are only small easy bits left to complete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks legend (y60fliring) the ol girl is fully stripped atm the removable panels are in primer and the rest is being done as we speak minimal rust thank god have you done any mods to the body or suspension

·
Registered
34 Posts
The first mk i bought and restored (fixed rust, dents, painted it and got it road worthy and inspected) was all stock, then i bought some 2 inch shackles, looks good and was able to fit 33s pretty well. Made my own fenderflares from a truck trailer flare that i chopped up

The car im working on at the moment has a 3 inch lift kit installed. Leafs and shocks

·
Registered
34 Posts

This is the one i just bought. Its completly rusted out. Frame and body mounts are still good, so im going for it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mate thats awesome the original box flares are hard to find i ordered a set today $680 :oops: im from Tasmania ive never seen a high top down here only pics looks good cant wait to see the end result

·
Registered
34 Posts

Thos is my other mk. Before and after wheels and lift this one was also conpletly rusted when i bought it and had all sorts of different colora on doors, hopd etc

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,102 Posts
Hmm, chassis extensions and heavy leaf packs. I gather this will be getting a PTO winch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally it had a pto winch im unsure yet if ill go back to it lol 16 years of owning this ol girl the ideas are running wild

1 - 10 of 10 Posts