Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've Got An Mq That I'm Going To Modify With A Efi 5 Litre (vn Motor) Also I'm Giving It The Lift 2" + 2" Any Help Would Be Great Especially With The Engine Bits And Pieces And Once I Lift The Body What Mods Do I Have To Do Under Car I've Got A Fair Idea But Just In Case.........cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Daff,
Cant help you with the motor though I have put a RB30 motor in my MQ and the hardest part was the wires for the comp so the help of an auto elect was sorced.
As for your body lift I have done a 3" one and the only real problem is the fuel filler hose. You need to cut out the plate that goes over your shift sticks in the cabin and the bracket for the hydrolic line for the clutch needs to be cut and chucked.
Oh, and this is not the best way to do things but the dampner (not sure what this is called) at the end of your steering column in your engine bay needs to be extended. I took it off before I began the lift then exteded the groove on shafts to allow the dampner to be put back on. This is not the best way but if $$$$ is an issue it works a treat.
As for you suspension lift I have used a EFS 2" Elite lift and all is going well after two comps......
Regards,
Craig.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Craig, Just Out Of Curiousity How Much Was The Suspension That You Got? ? ? I'm Looking At Ironman Suspension In Melb $1214.cheers,daff

·
Registered
68 Posts
i belive yours is running th divorced transfer case ie seperate from the gearbox if it is it make it rather simple and cheap to put ya 5 litre in there is a short tail shaft about 10 inches between the gear box and transfercase you can get a unijoint of the shelf from most bearing traders that fits nissan one way and the commodore yoke the other so you slip in your motor and box slide it into the tailshft level it all up and make engine / gearbox mounts
the wiring is pretty hard but not impossible i decifered a haynes manual and did it all myself
i used the commodore radiator and so far its running to cold so i have to put a new thermostat in
any help i can be just call
RODS TRUCKEN TRAILERS
rod 0425244735

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Daff,
I managed to get a bit of sponsorship from my local 4X4 store. I now run EFS on all four corners and it works a treat. Not sure on the cost but I do know its a bit more than Ironman. I fitted an Ironman kit to a mates Toy 60 and to this day it still sits at the same height and he weighs more than 5 x 35" tyres with mud on them......$1200 sounds pretty good for a lift but try to screw them down a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts