Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi all I have since sold the MQ mid last year to a bloke up in the Dalby area.
I started to get in to logging and operating in my off days and needed something a little more purpose built to handle the weight I'm towing.
With a 15 dmax as a daily, 3 other cars unfortunately it was replaced with a 1990 f250hd running a 6.2 gm v8, nv4500 5spd with 4.10, sterling 10.25 diff.
Handles 4ton+ like a charm.

Dudley I sourced most of my parts individually, and fabricated what I couldn't buy.
I am thinking of knocking up some MQ dump pipes in the future if any one is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
341 Posts
Hi all I have since sold the MQ mid last year to a bloke up in the Dalby area.
I started to get in to logging and operating in my off days and needed something a little more purpose built to handle the weight I'm towing.
With a 15 dmax as a daily, 3 other cars unfortunately it was replaced with a 1990 f250hd running a 6.2 gm v8, nv4500 5spd with 4.10, sterling 10.25 diff.
Handles 4ton+ like a charm.

Dudley I sourced most of my parts individually, and fabricated what I couldn't buy.
I am thinking of knocking up some MQ dump pipes in the future if any one is interested.
I would be intersted, but I'm going with a different turbo.
One question, how much power did you end up getting out of the SD, and did you ever have any problems with heads or pistons cracking, main bearings wearing out (I'm assuming you never had the crank snap, since by the sounds of it it still ran good when you sold it).
Did you have an EGT gauge and what temp did you keep it under post-turbo?
Thanks

21 - 22 of 22 Posts