Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all need to do a quarter chop but not sure how to do it and how much to chop and is it going to be still as strong around the mount .I want to extend the sides of my rear bar like the gu bolt on rear bars for more protection photos would be nice . I seen a lot about it on the gq,s but not so much on mq shortys any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
I just did a rear quarter chop on my shorty and i cut about 4-5cm to accomodate 35" tires. In the second picture you can see how much room there is while flexing. I'm running stock springs with extended shackles.

I had a fair bit of rust in some places so it was hard to get it looking decent. Thankfully it will all be covered with fender flares :)

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
I just cut with angle grinder and since my quarter panels were both quite dented I bolted in a piece of galvanized steel plate and covered with checker plate aluminum painted black. Was quite strong could put a high lift jack under them no problem. If you were good with a welder and your panels were still straight you could just cut bend and weld

1 - 8 of 8 Posts