Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,i have just bought 2 MQ rear side windows from the wreckers to replace the rusted sliding window frames on the GQ.Unfortunately the wreckers were unable to save the rubber seals for the glass.
Nissan want $240 each side for the rubber(what a rip off),so was wonering if anyone has an alternative?
Any help would be great.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 160, year 1985, L28, F4
1 Posts
Hello Guys,
I need some help with my patrol 160 rear side window. Its a sliding window.
I want to change the rubber that holds both glass (run channel?). I found a universal rubber sold per meter and I think I can use it.
My first question: would it be possible to remove both glass without removing the frame? if possible, I can easily replace the run channel.
My second question: Anyone knows the part number for the run channel?

If I have to remove the whole frame, then I would like also to replace the frame rubber also (weatherstrip?).
But it is really hard to find the weatherstrips in the market. I found several part numbers:
Right window
83330C8400
83330C8402

Left window
83331C8400
83331C8402

My third question: are those part numbers are the correct ones for the window rubber seal? anyone knows the correct part numbers?

Thank you for any help.
Note: I just pick a pic from internet.

side rear window patrol 160.jpg

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Not sure about the MQ, but it’s probably similar to the GQ, where the whole frame including all the rubber is in one part number. It’s normally the frame with sliding channels that rusts out so it’s worth doing the whole lot together. Whether that is still available for the MQ is the big question. Drop Nizzbits a line, he will be able to tell you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts