Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
My question to you is can the sliding rear windows from a later model be fitted in place of the fixed ones in an lwb 7 seater mq as the kids are having trouble geting air in the back, and if so do they go straight in and what should they come out of to fit. Any suggestiong greatly appreciated.
:driving: Mick

·
Registered
227 Posts
hi mix, based on the parts manual. you can replace the rear window with the sliding one. its a simple swap on. i don't know how much it cost there but here in the nissan philippines the whole set including the glass will cost around $300 U.S.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the info mintoy, I've done the rounds of the wreckers and they all keep telling me the later model ones won't go, But my measurements say they just might. I might just buy one and try
Cheers Mick

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
shouldnt the gq rear windows be the same??? getting good rust free windows might take a while to hunt down (do a search on forum alot of gq guys replace sliding windows with fixed)hope that helps

·
Registered
nissan patrol
147 Posts
I got the GQ ones but haven't fitted them yet. They are about $190 each from Nissan for the frames and were at the time stocked in Aussie. The MQ ones they wanted about $400 each ex Japan.
Johno.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
i thought they were (wife wont let me near her gq )something to do with what i did to my mq (it wasnt me it was the GRINDER ,HONEST YOUR HONOUR!!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
440 Posts
Gday guy i have done the conversion all ready it all fits sweet..:victory:..What you do to fit the window is wind a peice of thin diamater rope with a knot at one end in side the rubber strip around the window that has all over it help it slip be carefull as the old second hand window rubber is a little brittle.Insert one corner of the window rubber into place put pressure on the window and as you pull the cord out of the rubber it will slowly slid into place over the ridge on the body work sometimes it may need a little purswasion with a large flat head....HOPE ITS EASY TO UNDERSTAND...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Have owned most, MQ, MK, GQ/TB, GQ/TD, GU/ZD and now finally GU TD42Ti
3,315 Posts
ooohhh, nice self-grave-dig :) thanks for confirmation

neRok will probably be putting that in the wiki ;)

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Found an add for new ones manufactured in Melb via ebay search!

·
Registered
nissan
275 Posts
Since this thread is linked from the Wiki, I thought it best to add this bit of info. While searching for replacement rear cargo side windows for my MK Wagon, I found an eBay Store that can supply glass to suit heaps of makes and models. This store has various replacements, however I am only interested in replacing my sliding windows with one piece solid glass. Although some of you may know about these guys, I'm sure this will help others who want to get rid of their rusty sliding windows.

The glass is $125 new each side, and the new rubber to suit is $45 per window.

Autoglass Warehouse items - Get great deals on glass items on eBay Stores!

·
White & Whistlin sd33T
nissan
388 Posts
Since this thread is linked from the Wiki, I thought it best to add this bit of info. While searching for replacement rear cargo side windows for my MK Wagon, I found an eBay Store that can supply glass to suit heaps of makes and models. This store has various replacements, however I am only interested in replacing my sliding windows with one piece solid glass. Although some of you may know about these guys, I'm sure this will help others who want to get rid of their rusty sliding windows.

The glass is $125 new each side, and the new rubber to suit is $45 per window.

Autoglass Warehouse items - Get great deals on glass items on eBay Stores!

Hey Chops,
Did you end up getting and fitting these windows? Is your truck a LWB.

I had a look at their ebay listings but the solid one piece glass says it only fits 1988 - 1999

Like you I want to replace the rusted out sliding windows with solid single piece glass or if I can get them Brand new sliders and frame.

Cheers Ric

·
White & Whistlin sd33T
nissan
388 Posts
I have asked the ebay mob and they tell me the replacement glass is curved the same as the original glass.

Ric

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.