Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, not sure if this is in the right section.

Black top td4.2.

Over looking at the **** in my garage..
Back story; bought a pootrol found it had a ****ed head (all combustion chambers are cracked) are they replaceable/or just buy a new head.
Also the bore has some rust marks/build up from sitting for a few months.
Bores have some marks should I just buy new liners/or just throw in new pistons an rings (sick of spending money) or buy a honing tool to deglaze the cylinders? (engine is staying in the car so no the shop isn't doing it)

Also, best bang for buck pistons/rings for a td4.2 black top.
(preferably in brisbane)
Pump seems to be ****ed as it has a fuel pump (aftermarket) which when I disconnect it the trol shudders an carries on like it's not getting enough fuel (give it some pedal an it's sorta okay when you keep the revs over 2k) can't really remember just know it was shaking an **** violently.

Pump looks like the stock 10mm, I want it set to factory specs an reco'd (preferably not over 1g as it'll be worth just buying a 11mm pump.)
Or is there a guide to follow to set it all back to standard (think the fuel screw has been adjusted)

Anyways, rust in the driver's side gutter, like holes an ****, thinking of cutting it out an replacing with anything piece of a donor trol.

Also crank looks okay not pulling everything off just taking the pistons out, bearings look like they've had some heat/wear on them. So they will need to be replaced.
Attached photos of the rust/piston heads/side piston shots as you can see the mark/shots of the cylinder cylinder/s/combustion chambers

Want to fix everything an make it some what reliable but can't afford "high performance " **** as I'm an apprentice.
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissangqpatrol
267 Posts
Man that looks like its had better days sadly.
I would be pricing a second hand complete motor unless you got connections with an engineering shop which being an apprentice, I'm guessing you have.
I would have walked away from buying it as soon as i saw the gutters. There is alot more rust up there than you think.
Not good news.

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mhmm, knew it...
Don't know what I was thinking..
The guy was really sus an watched me like a hawk when I was checking it over.
Noticed some red flags but you truly know what's ****ed when it's in your possession an start stripping it.
People are saying throw it back together an bog it up an flog it off, don't think that's fair.
Rather just try an fix what I have...
Probably going to get the grinder out an cut that section out an tig weld in a new piece (just have to source a tig I can use of some buddies) if I do get off my lazy ass an cut it an it's too far I'm probably not even going to touch the pos.
In a realistic world, I'd love to fix it an make it reliable for the future years.
Just don't know anymore, over how many dodgy people are out there..
Oh well, first diesel/an first fourby what do I expect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts