Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Make them quick release, as they will constantly get torn off even if they are tied up out of the way.
Ripped mine of mine of too many times and wasted tons of time and money repairing them.
Plus driving around with out them attracts cops.

I remove mine before 4x4ing and put them one once finished

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
Agree with Sim about quick release, cant bust one if they are not on, if you need tools to release them, I bet you wont bother , especially when in a group of cars.

Mine bolt to the chassis like sliders and simply release in a second with a press of a spring loaded button (silver button in pic 2, just like a gazebo leg), so no tools needed.

before black powder coat and proper fitment......

The mud flap is bolted (via nut inserts) to the blue bar ( its now black) the bar has been finished with a plastic finishing plug on the outside, and a rubber end stopper on the chassis side, the gap on the chassis side allows any mud to fall out on re-fitment of bar/flap.

Its unnoticeable, but the outer 2 bolt plate on the chassis is made slightly concave , this allows tightening or releasing the top or bottom bolt hence rocking the plate ,this way you can perfectly align the mud flaps horizon to make them sit nice and level.

BTW, The rubber flaps are from super cheap.:)

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
I think Easyward is talking about his trailer mud guards
Great design A4B

Thanks bud, although I think he wants them for his Patrol ute that has a custom rear tray (as shown in pic), I believe the design is relevant (even though mine is not a ute) as it all bolts to the chassis so may be easy to adapt, not that I actually know how similar a ute chassis is to a wagon, but may give him some ideas anyway ?

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Steve when you sell your Patrol I want first dibbs :)

Yeah I know, with what you've been through with that thing you'll never sell it!

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
Steve when you sell your Patrol I want first dibbs :)

Yeah I know, with what you've been through with that thing you'll never sell it!

Yeh id really hate to have to start again, I think ive just got it all how I want it, but..... Id never say "never" Murray, everything is for sale at the "right price" ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts