Patrol Hybrid.
20,289 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
Graeme Edge - Moody Blues. RIP

Devastating news, I have been a fan of the Moody Blues since they first hit our airwaves, I have every album they ever made, the album Days of Future Past is just amazing, each band member could play something like 7 instruments, they were true musicians with an outlook on life that gave a magic meaning to their songs. Nights in White Satin finishes with a particular poem, the song stays with you through many phases of your life and the words adapt to many stages of life. Denny Lane died many years ago after leaving the band and joining McCartney at Wings. RIP Graeme, you gave me much pleasure through my life, and will continue to do so as I have my most loved song of yours on a USB that is permanently in my Patrol. I would go so far as to say The Moody Blues would be the best band I've heard, Chicago a close second.
Here's part of the poem, the last two lines are just so true, many young people don't see things that way anymore..

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one.
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son.
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,289 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
Michael Nesmith has left us.
I well remember a reported quote from him during a meeting with their TV bosses where he supposedly said 'next time we make a record can we be there?'. Apparently session musicians were often used.
RIP, Michael.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,096 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,289 Posts
He was big with the antivaxers.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,289 Posts
Covid complications, or complications from being overweight, a history of substance issues, and a known heart problem?
Nah, Frankinfurter got him, again.

THAT’S A RATHER TENDER SUBJECT. ANOTHER SLICE, ANYONE?'

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,830 Posts
Just saw on the news that he died from Covid complications.
Interestingly, all I can find is a lot of news reports that cite "sources". Nothing official either way.

And as somebody who was loudly critical of what he viewed as excessive government controls in response to covid, is it any surprise that heaps of people have jumped on the bandwagon? Maybe he did have covid, maybe he didn't :unsure:.

441 - 460 of 486 Posts