Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm back after almoust a year :D I sold my k260, later i have toyota 4runner and few honda's, but everything remind's me my patrol so i decide to buy y60 :D I found a good model for a good price and here it is.
1989 Nissan Patrol Y60 with diff lock, power windows, woodland camo seats and few other suprises ;D

I'm very happy cause body is in very good condition. It has only few rusted places, every body mounts are in good condition, engine bay is in one piece.
But mechanically isn't so good. It has few oil licks, engine was replaced, diff lock isnt working, but the worst thing is gearbox. Maybe U can help me with it. Previous owner said that the gearbox must be changed. When the car is starting on 1st gear, whole car is shakes, when u change gears from 1st to 5th there is no problem but when u try to reduce gears, there is hard to hit every gear... I thought that the clutch is over but owner said that the clutch was changed 20k km ago... I must change the oil, and vent the clutch system...
he also has two oil leaks from transfer case but it's only sealant..

Sliding sleeve from rear diff lock is pulled out cause the diff lock did not turn off..
And the best part is suspension. He has got Iron Man shocks and steering damper and....

short eibach springs i dont know from what and stands wlded on axles..

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today was a "oil leak day" i've decided to change oil in gearbox and to change seals and oil in transfer case. And now, the numbers. From gearbox should be something about 3.9 liters. I poured out 8.... Now i'm wondering... Fill the gearbox with 8 liters or as manual said 3.9??

Part nr.2, transfer case... I know that there was a leak... It must be long time cause i pured out 200ml from case....

Wysłane z mojego LG-K420 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gearbox oil changed. Transfer case seal's changed, oil in case changed :) i have few days now and few parts to change :)

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today im started to fight with rust. I've cleaned whole frame, suspension and everything from mud :) at the end we have about 97kg of mud :) :) frame has got only one rusted place that needs to be done. And fuel tank needs to be cleaned and painted cause between tank and its cover was wet mud and tank starts to rust :)

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaning the frame uncovered few places that needs to be cutted off and welded.. Also there were a problem with fuel hose cause it has 2 little holes and i changed whole hose to new one. Today im fighting with rust on frame behind rear wheels. Now anti rust paint is doing the job. Next epoxy primer and bitgum on whole frame. I cant takie off body from frame so i must to repair the frame in few steps. Middle of the frame is in primer, now im working with the rear part, and when i will be changing diffs to standard diffs (without welding and short springs) i will repair front part of frame. Few pics ;)

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slowly parts for my green frog are arriving. Still waiting for 2" iron man coils, bushes for front panhard and muuuch more. Last few days shows that coils are too short for little off road :( guys i was thinking to put intercooler from gr patrol. I saw that y61 has got intake manifold with intake pipe up, my y60 has got pipe down directly to turbo, it will be better to put y61 manifold when install te IC right??

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Hey mate, the standard Patrol intercooler is a waste of time and money. Even if you get it for free it's hardly worth it. Better off with an aftermarket or home made version.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. So aftermarket intercooler. What about intake manifold?? Cause it will be hard to put all those silicone hoses from turbo and intake to ic... Will y61 intake will do the job?

·
Registered
4,377 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont want to puch too much from this engine, i was thinking about FMIC or TMIC, different turbo (cause previous owner said that this turbo slowly needs to be repaired) so why not put somthing better :D, tune fuel pump, 3" exchaust, oil radiator, two electric radiator fan's... For now i'm collecting parts to rebuild suspension:

and used rear axle tube without stands welded

it will be cleaned, i weld diff guard maybe, paint it and put eveything to car

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today was a plan to repair rear seats in my frog... She came to PL as a cargo version without rear seats, and previous owner put rear seats from vw or audi.. its very comfortable but was not installed too well... now i know why...

so today im fighting with rust...

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Second day of fighting... Worst part from left side is ready... Now right side. I thought that there will be also few holes, so i cut some more and... And there was little suprise..

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok Guys.. Green frog has got new floor and today we made a little trip on sea side :) we rent a camp and we are starting to chill....

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sooo after a while i am fightibg with rear suspension. Old diff is out, new is cleaned and painted, panhard bar and shocks also were cleaned and painted. Axle has got new seals also and tommorow will arrive rear brakes repair kit and new brake pads.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah very big :D
Previous owner said that diff lock doesnt work :D

i think i know why :D
Now im fighting with rear brakes. Repair kit bought:

old and new:

Unoftunatelly im waiting till tuesday for diff lock part, and front axle tube, and few other parts :D

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today little look on the front suspension... Nothing is right here... And now i know that we made a 1k km trip into seaside and back with our front brake discs unscrewed... And little compare of front coils..

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
buuuu still waiting for diff lock actuator :( soo i put new brake lines:

and i found some paint and refreshed the wheels:

·
Registered
nissan
91 Posts
Brake hose for rear axle on Mazda B2500 can be used on Y60 rear + front . Is bolt-on ( M10x1 , T-head etc .. ) but longer ( 550 mm ) .

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i bought only longer rubber hose, i have set for expanding copper tubes so i made all copper hoses myself...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts