Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Problem is that in PL b2500 isnt so popular so there are not many patrs for them...
But y60's are rusting everywhere so today front axle tube arrived, now cleaned and painted. Diff lock actuator also arrived and its on car already.

Wysłane z mojego LG-K420 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Some news :D
My holidays have ended so my time to work with the car also ended.. But!!
I have a few days to do something:

but when I disassembled whole axle, everything looks like this:

All seals are dead, water, rust, dirt everywhere... When I put car on jack the front wheels were shaking..
Today i dissasemble rest of the axle, and put everything in place with new axle:

Now front arm's, shocks, steering damper and axle housing is cleaned and primered and tommorow will be painted and put in the car i hope.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Finally !! My "frog" is working.. and its working fine. Difference between old suspension with dead seals and bearings and everything new with 2" coils and spacers is gigant... few pics from work:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Now car is off road capable :) Few pics from little ride here and there:

I dont want to focus on look of my car but i must say that when i saw yesterday GQ with steel bumpers, outer roll cage, roof rack, 35" tires, and maaannnyyy fog lights i wanted to have this :) i dont need 35's or roll cage but it looks awesome...

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hello guys. I wasnt here for a while. Unfortunately i had car accident.. Icy road.., turn.. and i landed back in the ditch and roll over in the air.. Fortunately on wheels.

Frame is fortunately in one straight piece, back of body was twisted, front rim also, and steering rack. Flatbed truck drived me home and car is in garage now. I was thinking to sell the car or to change body... but when i was watching 4wd action movies on YT i have found THIS!!!

https://www.redarc.com.au/Content/Image ... ehicle.jpg

I want to have something like this :D sooo pickup project starts now :D

now whole electrical is out, fuel tank also.

tank and back of the frame was cleaned, i weld some parts of frame and all was preserved and painted.
and little project how it will looks like

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i was here looooong time ago :D I sold my old gq and i bought 1997 jeep cherokee. Jeep was fine but he will never be patrol :D :D so i bought another GQ

Nothing special. RD28T, diff lock, 2 inch OME lift, bf goodrich 33's. So new adventure started and i hope to not destroy another patrol :D

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

heheheh after my green GQ i had 1997 Cherokee XJ but that wasnt it.. GQ is GQ :D

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
ok first shopping :D

car is in pretty good condition, much better than my green GQ when I bought it. 166.000 km mileage, 2" coils and shocks, and 2 inch spacers. Polybushes on rear control arms, new timing belt, engine oil and filter and nice, clean interior. I must weld few places and paint whole car in gray raptor.

·
Registered
nissan
189 Posts
Welcome back. I'd be going rubber bushes personally (not polyurethane), bit less harsh and last longer. Where did you get the bright yellow bumpstops from? Never seen anything like those before! Raptor will be a good finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
About polybushes... I had them in every car and i know that they are good. There was an option to put uniball's but i think that polybushes will do the job. Bumpstops are also polyurethane. I dont have any bumpstops on car so i bought poly ones. They are strong so they also will do the job. In PL there is few shops where U can buy it.
Yeah raptor will be nice. Ive painted my wife's suzuki in red raptor now and its awesome.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts