114 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
ok another job is done :D
finally i put new lights and oil cooler on :D

little comparsion :D

i also found half bottle of black raptor so i painted bumper and front grill

now front of the car is looking good ;D very good i think :D

in meantime both sway bars land on car, or under the car :D :p

i know that sway bar connectors are "tuned: by me but next year i want to buy 4 inch lift kit and then i will buy long connectors :D

·
Registered
All work done the hard way
496 Posts
i also fund color that i want to put on my GQ:

of course Raptor bed liner :D
Mate I would love to see a GQ painted like that, it would look awesome! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
i try that color on valve cover. It was very quick job and i doesnt have colors that i want so one gray was too light and second gray was too dark but it looks good

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
its been a while since i was here :D
vacation on sea side, and few trips with friends:

few days ago my friend gave me old sheet of metal so i decide to made new rear bumper :D

i also put lights in bumper and lights in body was changed to stock nissan red/white lights.
Bumper primered:

and painted with black raptor paint:

today i've bought pipes and tommorow i will start with roof rack :D

and last sunny days :(

·
Registered
GQ Wagon TB42S
231 Posts
I came across this during the week - might be a fun build for you with your fabrication skills...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
yeah i saw this too. Maybe, maybe but later. First i must weld my roof rack :D i done some measurements and weld some pipes:

and today another few pipes welded together:

at saturday we have end of off road season and little trip so i must get it done :D just welding and painting.. there is not much time left to do whole electric for lights..
I must weld whole back of roof rack, hi jack mount, shovel mount and fuel can mount.... 4 days... and nights :D :D aaaaandddd little ladder on back doors :D hehehe

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
ok another few hours of my free time spended with my beast :p:p
Roof rack placed on car so i can measure how whole back will going to be:

and after a little while back end welded

tomorrow i will finish whole welding and maybe grinding and i must check where put lights and fuel can mount.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
ok few things done. Unfortunately rack isnt on the roof yet.. but soon will be... i hope. Off road season has ended with little trip with friends:

of course with my little girl on my little beast :D :p

After this i weld all mounts to the roof and try whole part in little terrain to check if everything is OK.

lights are just for now, I was wondering how its gonna look like :)
Tomorrow im off duty so i have a day off to finish mouts and grind whole rack and maybe put some primer ;D i've also weld a ladder that will be on back doors

and best part. I've found guy that was a first owner of my beast and he sent me a picture how my gq was looking when he bought it ;D

:D:D:D poor little car :D :p

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yeah very handy, especially when U want to get to roof rack :) i think that on saturday i will have it mounted so i will show U :)
I also changed my plans about color that i want on car. I think that color that i wanted (i posted pic of mercedes in grey/black/green camo few posts up) won't be nice on old classic GQ. But military desert camo will fit perfectly :) accessories like bumpers, roof rack etc. in black :):) what do U guys think?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Like the ladder, how did you mount it? I have one on the back of my GU, very handy at times.
i know that saturday was few days ago :D but i doesnt have time :D Today with my head lamp i was working with my ladder ;D tomorrow i have duty and i must have ladder on car :D ok here is ladder primered,

U can see on top and bottom of it two pieces of metal with holes. I drilled holes on back doors and mount whole ladder on screws.
on top i used screws with flat head so doors can be closed :D

bottom looks same but screws are inside doors.
I must cut top screws cause they are too long and inside doors there is also a piece of metal with two holes to support whole ladder ;D
I was jumping on it and looks fine ;)

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
buuuuu days are shorter now, very soon is dark so my reverse lights must be improved... fastest way was to put two led lights on roof rack :D cable, fuse, relay and switch and now i see something :D

i think i will put third center light..

41 - 54 of 54 Posts