Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thanks to advice from members on here i got the car and have it going alot better than the first time i drove it. its like a totally different car. i honestly would not have bought a 2.8 if it wasn't for some of the things i had read on this site so thanks everyone.

So far 30mm spacers long shocks (i like drop out, not hieght) whinch bar, ipf lights, uhf, tint, chopped out the mufflers and went 2.5inch a very cheap option and great sound, full service, wheel bearings,glow plugs, rocker gasket, blocked egr, pulled the butterfly out etc etc and will keep growing. my wife said great here we go again!

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Mint condition, would look nicer with the later model GU3 rear tail lights. If your intrested let me know I got some laying around.

Good luck buddy,

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
changed the viscous hub on the fan today, what a difference. no more fan roar and engine revs freely.
im loving my 2,8 so far.

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
went for a wheel in the rain today and hit some good hills etc, i am really happy with how the patrol went and was impressed in its capability.
was on my own so maybe some pics next time.

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
glad you had fun in the new truck i was the same the first time i took mine out for the first time!! Once your in low range doesnt miss a beat!!

cheers

phil

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
loved it, put a boost gauge in this morning too so that was interesting watching how it was boosting.

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
can you post sum pics up of the boost gauge and where you put the probe, thats on my list to do and was wondering where people put their probe

cheers

phil

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just put a t piece in between the intercooler and turbo on the small rubber hose. not sure if thats the right place but it works.
i can take some pics if you want.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Welcome mate , enjoy the forum heaps of great info here

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My brother inlaw welded my catch can up for me today, it has a baffle and stainless steel wool inside. just going to change the fittings to 90 degree elbows and get some hose. i want to fit it tomorrow, any suggestions to the best hose to use?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 66 Posts