Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, all my music and photos are on an external hard drive. Why is it full. The computer it about 8 years old and was top chit at the time. A mate of mine who owned his own computer business builtit for me. It cost me 8 grand.

Do I get a computer savvy over (skegbudly;)) or crush it to dust and get a new desktop???

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the same crap. Tried various things that didn't work, then bought a new one earlier ths year. All fine since.
Lol. It'd wanna be!

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
You paid $8000 for a PC????? Even eight years ago.

Do you use CCleaner?

New PCs are dirt cheap, don't waste your time getting one made. My Dell XPS cost bugger all a few years ago and was cheaper than a beige box from the local Vietnamese computer shop (monitor, keyboard and all), and hard drives cost stuff all nowadays.

Cheers

Ray

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is jewbag racist? Lol.

My computer had all the good chit. Graphics drivers, gaming stuff, top of the range screen. But that's all garbage by today's standards! Lol.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ccleaner?

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
You paid $8000 for a PC????? Even eight years ago.

Do you use CCleaner?

New PCs are dirt cheap, don't waste your time getting one made. My Dell XPS cost bugger all a few years ago and was cheaper than a beige box from the local Vietnamese computer shop (monitor, keyboard and all), and hard drives cost stuff all nowadays.

Cheers

Ray
you want the ******* or malaysians ray. the Vietnamese are lovely people and i love their food and i wish to go there one day but i do not think they are as budget savvy as the chinese or malaysians!

CCleaner is junk

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
you want the ******* or malaysians ray. the Vietnamese are lovely people and i love their food and i wish to go there one day but i do not think they are as budget savvy as the chinese or malaysians!
I think they are just as savvy and just as prepared to take you for a ride if you don't know any better. All that you can guarantee is that they will be cheaper than Hardly Normal etc.

CCleaner is junk
Why?

Cheers

Ray

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Never once seen it do what it claims to be able to do. It works but no substitute for a clean install.
I use it all the time and it most certainly does exactly what it's designed to do. It's not a panacea for all problems, but if you want all the cookies, temp files and other crap that builds up in your PC, to be completely purged, then it works fine. I especially like how it can clean the registry after removing applications that turns out to be crap and leave crumbs even after an install. Who wants to always to a system restore?

The same programmer also provides a very good defrag program.

Cheers

Ray

·
nissan
19,131 Posts

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Agree CC works a treat, especially when the computer gets slow, but no substitute for the delete button.

Just get a new HD and do a fresh install of win7/64 problems solved, h2tb hd is cheap as chips now as is ram, build an 8gb ram box and go for it.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.