Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just general discussion, not put into the Electrical section as its not a problem or issue.

As the title states, my deep cycle is no more.

I had noticed that the Patrol was not cranking like normal & thought that the alternator may be on its last legs.

So I put both batteries on charge independantly over night & noticed that the cranker was perfect in the morning and the deep cycle was caput, stuffed, knackered, cactus & gone to heaven.

Anyway I can't complain, it lasted 6.5 years and went through 2 vehicles & was not used as it was supposed to be used, it was over charged, used for cranking, discharged to less than 11 volts numerous times...............Great little battery.

New one now installed, lets see if I can get the same milage out of the new one.

What are you guys getting out of your second batteries?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
paul.helm said:
Whats his price Bruce for the DC27?
cant say ;) :) :) :) ;) mates rates.

but my 120AH fullriver was <170... :)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
That's really interesting and worth an inquiry, my deep cycle Bosch is about 5 years old and got a bit of a cooking at the Glass House Mountains last weekend, can see distortion in the case now.

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
73 Posts
I had a SuperCharge All Rounder MRV70 and only lasted 2 years and only had 12 Months Warrenty which i thought was pretty crap thought they were a good Battery

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paul,
got mine off fley bay, sydney mob, this one DELKOR N70ZZ 710CCA car truck 4WD Battery 3YR warranty (eBay item 170392353922 end time 02-Apr-11 10:46:22 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats cheap as chips, pick-up from warehouse at Oxley in Bris, pick-up also in Sydney $165. My second one after the other suffered the death of a thousand cuts, wouldn't go past.

Not a bad price mate, The local battery joint where I got mine from was only 5 min down the road which was handy.

You have changed your user name?

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
You have changed your user name? YEP, and my avatar is back to normal too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts