Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I will be doing my first engine oil change this weekend on our newly purchased (2nd hand) 2008 ST 3.0. I'm still awaiting my manual from Ebay so I need to pick your brains again.

What is the suggested oil and weight to use and how many litres does the '08 hold

If time permits I would also like to do the drive line fluids so I have a starting point and again would like to know what oils and what volumes needed (manual transmition).

Front diff
Transfer
Gear Box
Rear diff

I've always been a keen user of Nulon oil additives, is there any issues if the appropriate one is used in the appropriate area?

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
I have a 2004 gu3 and use delo400 usually, but my work has the 08,09,2010 models and use the nissan stuff, 10w40 semi syn nissan product, and for the sake of a few dollars use nissan filters you will be glad you did. The work vehicles are in the desert on oil rigs and get the hell belted out of them so its a good test for thre nissan product.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
is the 08 a CRD? You would need some of that new fandangled stuff to keep the DPF happy wouldn't ya?

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
aus released zd never got a dpf. 10W40 nissan oil. hold about 8.3 or something i think from memory. maybe a few hundred ml more. been a wile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts