Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum so I apologies if this topic has come up before!

I am a owner of a 3lt turbo diesel 2003 Patrol, as far as I can see it has not been modified at all (yet!!!!:wink:) my question to you all is what type of fuel economy should I expect to get out of this with normal driving?? I have now filled it up 3 times and I seem to be averaging about 650km from 120 lt??? Is this right??? It seems to be using a lot more fuel than my other friends that own patrols?? Any suggestions why this would be so is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan
503 Posts
clean or replace MAF sensor, also search around there is a wide world of zd30 knowledge on this forum

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Change your air cleaner & fuel filter when you clean your MAF.

I get ~13l/100km on avearge or 110ltrs for 850km's, and thats with performance chip & 3" exhaust while running 285 rubber.

You have a serious problem. 650km on 120l fuel. Your using ~18.5l/100km which is worse than a 4.8, & my old mans Ford F250 with a 7.3ltr motor.

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ppl when i first got the car i could get around 930km to a tank. hade to clean my maf and thats when its gone all down hell from ther

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
How did you clean the MAF?

If you were getting good economy before you cleaned it and it's all gone pear shaped now I suggest Helmsy is correct and you maybe stuffed the MAF.

Like most things in life if it was "all good till you touched it and now its stuffed"... go back to what you touched and eliminate finger trouble, incorrect reassembly, upside down/back to front, broke a wire, bent a pin, etc etc first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts