Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another thread I was bemoaning the state of my garage. It's full of carp and it's time I did something about it.

Belated New Years Resolution ' Dump the Junk!'

Look out tip...here I come.

Anybody else in the same boat?

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Is your shed attached to the house? If not I suggest a jewish stocktake. (ie petrol and matches) that is ofcourse only if you have insurance. :naughty:

Otherwise, I shotgun that bedhead!

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

That is better than mine if I tidied it up ! Take pics and put it on ebay as buy now for a dollar. People will come, take it away and you have some beer money afterwards. There are allways students / kids that have left home wanting really cheap stuff. Going to the tip will take time and fuel plus fees to dump. Some Charities will pick-up but are often quite choosy.

Regards B M

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ancient brass bed is the real thing...came from the UK and not a repro. It's a 3/4 size and suitable for one big dude. I planned to move it into my office one day but wife won't allow any of my junk to escape into the house. She hates my garage and makes faces whenever I mention it. I think I might put it up on eBay.

The beer alas has been consumed. There will be more. There are some surviving cans in the fridge but they won't see the night out. Did manage to save some of the empty 5X commemorative cans though...they'll be on eBay too.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
estcove,
if you could see the amount of crap that I have (piled to the ceiling), you would feel a lot better about your garage. I have been in the same house for 20 years and should have got serious about cleaning stuff out when it got to your stage about 15years ago.

Get tough and just chuck stuff out. If you have not used it in the last year then ask yourself: are you ever going to use it or is it just getting in your way?

Im home from work this week to also get serious about a cleanout.

·
Premium Member
1975 G60, 1989 GQ, 2013 GU
1,408 Posts
I started cleaning my garage yesterday. I'm lucky cause it goes from the garage to the shed :D

TRev

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,064 Posts
That's why when I built my workshop out the back I made it smaller and kept the little 6x3 garden shed we already had (much to my mates disgust!). It's the same story every time, man builds shed, wife fills with crap from house.

So I 'gave' my wife the little shed and put all the lawnmowers and gardening crap in there as well and low and behold the little shed is full of crap from the house and the workshop (albeit a little smaller) is free from crap and has the Patrol parked in the middle with tools, fridge and dart board surrounding it! :cool:

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
I have just enough room to walk through the middle of my double garage, however by about 5pm tomorrow (Wed), cause it is full of furniture and packing boxes. The truck arrives tomorrow to take the last of it.Then I get to leave swmbo and junior here with the camping gear till I get back on Sat. she really happy about that, NOT. LOL

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
I'll see if I can be arsed taking a snap of my carport and my shed, the first is worse than usual and the second is better than it has been of late. Mind you, I've forgotten what it feels like to be able to park a car in there :p

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I can imagine the Fish Hygiene Inspectors having a seizure if they saw that display. Unless you are in Shanghai of course, where it is normal to present fish (and meat too) in the same way.
I hope it sells quickly.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I can imagine the Fish Hygiene Inspectors having a seizure if they saw that display. Unless you are in Shanghai of course, where it is normal to present fish (and meat too) in tha same way.
I hope it sells quickly.
'Twas a joke mate! haha.

Just a play on the spelling mistake in the original post!

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought so. I only use 'carp' because some forums delete or amend 'crap.'

Be interesting to see what happens when this is posted.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
I can't wait to get home and take photos of my shedS! That will put you all to shame haha

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Jet-6 and Benno need to post there shed / garages. Theirs are exactly how they should look, not like ours.

However, mine is a tidy mess.......as everything has its place in a cupboard, tool box or a bench.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts