Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day everyone, been reading the forums for a while now and thought it was time to post up some pics of my BEAST! Well she's not really a beast just yet, but after some future mods - that will be a different story.

So here ya go

I know, pretty grubby atm but gonna give her a wash tomorrow.

Originally was a coil cab ute but was converted to extra cab by previous owner. 286k on the clock,

Interior:

Cheers,
OB

·
Registered
nissan patrol
103 Posts
nice mate, very clean looking. was gonna say 'nice chop' then i read it was a ute before, dont see that vry often.

where about in perth are ya?

·
Premium Member
nissan gu td42ti
4,659 Posts
Very cool man. That's got alot of potential. looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

·
Registered
nissan
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pantsdown I'm in the Yokine area, how bout you?

and thanks for the comment Zoltan

·
Registered
nissan
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking ute mate glad to see extra cabs coming out what are plans for it
Mate, there's so many things that I want to do to it. But I'm not sure that my income will allow :( , I guess I'll have to save for a bit. Here they are in no specific order.

4" Stainless steel snorkel
Rock sliders
Turbo kit (Probably MTQ)
UHF + Antenna
4-6" Lift, still unsure of which to get
New rubber.
Diff protection
Bash plate/undercarriage protection
Winch Bar
Winch
New grill
New Spotties
Roof rack

And thats about it. I might even consider some ARB lockers one day...:D

Cheers
OB

·
Registered
nissan
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wow throwback much? Posted this when I was 15, it was my old mans and he ended up selling it !! If I had been keen enough he probably would have kept it . I think it’s still getting around though.
In the mean time I have kept myself busy with... 1) 1988 SWB tb42 which I swapped for a $900 VX commodore .. the shorty Had a huge amount of issues so swapped that for a LWB 1997 RD28, bloke reckons he had just done the top end but he needed auto car for his missus . Rad hose popped off on way home - cracked head . So RB25 swapped the RD, was fun for a while till I damaged the knock sensor off road and threw a leg .
I was sick and tired of all the engine troubles I’d experienced and stumbled upon a td42 gq but the body was absolutely rooted . Bought it and brought it home on a car trailer and took the drive train out including swapping the diff centres , while the engine was out changed out various hoses / gaskets / water pump but the main upgrade was addition of a low mount turbo manifold and ht18!

thanks for reading, will post some pics when I’m back from overseas. I am currently in PNG and there are plenty of TD patrols, it’s great!

·
Registered
nissan gq
407 Posts
If your still keen on a gq extra cab I have a very well set up one I am considering selling.
Turbo td42, full manual automatic, long arm suspension front and rear, xtra cab from new (first owner)

Jim

·
Registered
nissan
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi mate
This was back in 2013 . I’ve got a GU wagon at the moment and not looking to purchase another vehicle . Thanks anyway for mentioning it .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts