Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay All, iv just picked up a patrol thats been in a hit in the front at sum stage, and iv been told by a mate is crabing down the road, first thought was bent chassis, but by eye every thing looks like its in place except the bullbar hole mounts, the drivers side are out (back) by 1/2 a inch my car also has a 5in lift with snake rear ajustable arm, could it be the arms ajustment out making it crab??? or just my like i bought a bent patrol

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
have a look at the front radius arms, see if there not bent.
get a tape and measure the rear control arms see if there the same lengh
put a big of wood/ steal acrolss the verry back of the truck on a flat suuface like across the towbar area.. and measure both sides to the back and front weels and see if its the same

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
ask the local beater how much to put it on the alignment gig.. tell you once and for all
most of them would actually be able to tell you by looking to see if its fubar.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Do you also have an adjustable bar at the front?
Are front wheels centred in the whel arches?
Are the back wheels centred in the wheel arches?

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can roughly check if it your chassis by making a plumb bob and hanging it from an identical spot on each end of the chassis rail on both sides, then measure diagonally from corner to corner (like an X ) and see if the distance is the same of if they are different.

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
tie the otherside to a tree and smash it in reverse hahaha, nah agree with above generally go from where the cross members attach to the chassis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts