Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to every one.
This is my GQ.I wanted to have one a long time and finally i found one very cheap and i could not resist.
The car is total standar and it will be my friend to happy days(i hope)
The car is a 4.2 petrol car SWB with high roof. It was ex car of police.
It has drums on back axle,no aircondition, 4 speed manual gearbox and no anti roll bar at the front.
I want your help with somethink.
The previous owner had break somethink at the front diff. I don't know why but he took off the diff and the drive shafts.
I have red in this forum that the GQ has h233 with 31 splines at front and h233 with 33 splines at the back.
The diff from the outside has a code like 202B.
What diff do i have so i can buy one used with the drive shafts?
My plans for it will be 32" tires 2" lift with the best shocks i can buy , 2 bucket seats and go and have some great time with my mate.
Thanks.
(Excuse me for my rust english)

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
586 Posts
I have seen one like that here in jamaica, but with a td 42 engine. The code on the plate looks like a 233 axle code (HG). The numbers beside it should be the axle ratio, I dont know about the stamp that is on the axle itself though.Maybe someone with a FAST manual could give you some more info on the vehicle.

·
Registered
nissan
806 Posts
If you post your vin number someone might run it through FAST
531 paint code is white (Are your police cars green over there because it's been repainted)
K grey fleck interior
HG41 it looks like it got H233 diffs 4.11 ratio
TB42 (4.2lt petrol)
I can't work the gearbox out?

·
Registered
nissan
806 Posts
FN4R50A Must be the code for a 4 speed manual if that's what it's got in it
Didn't know GQ's come out with a 4 speed manual gearbox

·
Registered
Nissan
586 Posts
If you post your vin number someone might run it through FAST
531 paint code is white (Are your police cars green over there because it's been repainted)
K grey fleck interior
HG41 it looks like it got H233 diffs 4.11 ratio
TB42 (4.2lt petrol)
I can't work the gearbox out?
That is a 4 speed box, which is common here on many early patrols including mine. It is the same box as the 5 speed but only with 4 speeds, with the same ratios and gears.

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
Nice bus mate, just looks a little odd with the high roof on a shorty. We are used to the LWB high roof.
You obviously have different specs to what we got.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Almost looks like a Troop carrrier with the lack of rear doors! Good luck with the diff issue.

·
Registered
NISSAN
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your answers.
Yes i find it my self a litlle odd with the high roof. I maybe change it with a normal one.
So i am looking a H233 with 31 splines for the front and 4.1 ratio?
I might change the colour and make it matt black.
I will keep update because i will participate to a rally raid event in 45 days and i want to go with my GQ. So i am in a harry to prepare it.

·
Registered
NISSAN
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have some progress on this.
2" lift with OME springs and shocks Hotbits with external canister, castor corection bushes and OME stering shock.2 bucket seats and 4" harmness.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
181 Posts
Hi John, you look like you are getting lots of things done to your GQ. With the new suspension and steering damper fitted it will make some difference to the drive on the road. What is it like with 4 speed? Matt black would look nice with some silver or graphite modular wheels. Best of luck with it and enjoy :)

·
Registered
NISSAN
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi John, you look like you are getting lots of things done to your GQ. With the new suspension and steering damper fitted it will make some difference to the drive on the road. What is it like with 4 speed? Matt black would look nice with some silver or graphite modular wheels. Best of luck with it and enjoy :)
Thanks mate.
I am in a hurry to finish it, because i am invited at a rally raid event at 4 july.
I had won it at 2009 with my every day car, a nissan navara D40 with and an O.M.E syspension.( I am a nissan guy as most in here)
I will use 215/85/16 remould tyres as some guys with a lot expirience at speed races, suggest me.This dimension will give more control to the car at speed sections than some fat tyres.
I have not the time to paint it unfortunately. But i think the patrol looks good with mat black colour.

·
Registered
NISSAN
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well we had particapate at the rally raid event that i prepare the car for.
It was great the car was exactly wat i was after. I had not drive the car before, i hadn;t the time so i drove it only at the race. The car was very tough and fast with the 31" tires i had. At a very hard stage with a lot of jumps at rocks the hamble patrol went 7 time overall with compiting pajero evolution, tomcats pajero 4 gen T1 class etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
NISSAN
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a front broken diff as i had told you. I found with the help of some friends a front axle from a diesel patrol. And since it has diffrent ratio i bought the back axle also. The back axle has now discs from drum i had and the factory locker. But one disc has heavy eaten so the car was drifting when i press the brake hard. I was able to correct and adapt my driving style untill the moment as i was going fast and at the exit of a corner i brake hard and the roll over at the cliff was a fact. We manage to recover the car,bring it back to a town and put it at a friend garage. I bought an other cab with no high roof and manage to change the cab in 20 hours and the car to be at the starting line the following day. Every one was not believing to their eyes and told us crazy. We have a lot of fun as you understand.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts