Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend just fitted a taipan full exhaust system made a huge difference in power still wanting to fit a snorkel and modify a few other things to get best performance out of engine. Just new to 4wd.

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
83 Posts
What you got the 3.0ltr or 4.2ltr ????

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
If 99GU is any indication it could be a 2.8

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
straight thru or with mufflers ? 3" ?

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
ooooh they are in burleigh, close to me :)

i must pop in

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Dont,

They are overpriced out the demon hole.

Get a scotts rods exhaust, your choice on muffler or not, for ~$700. Get the dump pipe ceramic coated for $80-100 and install yourself.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Heat retention, reducing heat losses immediately behind the turbine outlet keep gas speeds up and can reduce turbulence reducing backpressure.

It makes it easier for the engine to push exhaust gas out at full load.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Besides a Dump pipe, can anyone explain why a Diesel patrol exhaust appears to cost a whole lot more than a exhaust for a Falco/dore. i put a full systme on a V6 commordore for $450.

Sorry for hijack

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Because 4wd'ers have deep pockets.

No other reason and as there are far more joints on a 4-2-1 headers it should be dearer on the falcodore but aint.

I bought 3 x 1.75" 90 Mandrels, 2 x 2" 90 Mandrels, 1m of 3", 1m of 2", 1m of 1.75", 1 x 2" to 3" reducer and a 3 bolt 3" flange with gasket for $100 non trade price..... all aluminsed 1.6mm wall thickness steel. 4wd'ers get ripped off exhaust wise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts