Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

321 - 324 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Bit more of a play with the GU this arvo.

These turned up in the mail.

Required dissasembly of half the cab :roll: I HATE pulling car trim out!!

Not sure how this bracket is normally attached, holes were was too large for self tappers, After very carefully drilling the holes out a little larger a couple of rivnuts sorted the problem.

Getting there. few nervous moments while cutting the roof lining to fit the console.

Just need to wire it all in tomorrow.

Speaker was mounted here when I bought the ute, just needed to run the cable up to the roof console.
Great thread. and nice to see a heap of pics. im about to install this roof console myself in my dx ute. did you just need to take of the side pillars, revision mirror and did the roof lining just pull back? or was there more to it?

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,556 Posts
Great thread. and nice to see a heap of pics. im about to install this roof console myself in my dx ute. did you just need to take of the side pillars, revision mirror and did the roof lining just pull back? or was there more to it?
It’s all pretty straight froward. I did the install to my dx ute a few years ago following this thread and it work a treat for installing the main components. Take your time and it will all fall into place.

Wiring the lights to work was a different story because there is no loom in the DX to accept these. You will have to work out something to power these. I ended up piggy backing off the rear roof light and found out they only work when the doors are open.

321 - 324 of 324 Posts