Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
That's awesome!!! Well worth the effort. What's next? The distance between the cab and tray is begging for a pair of stacks ;)

·
Registered
nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Thanks for the comments guys :) and a big NO to stacks :p ...... Looks like a good spot for a water tank tho !

So, probably overdue for an update (still dirty img shack fooked me on the pics :/ .... lol)
I hit the beach on Bribie and Straddie and she eats it like a fat kid on cake:

Forgot to install an overflow bottle, beer saves the day ! (and currently still dose!)

·
Registered
nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Installed a boss Px07, tank and reg:

Reg is now 100% lvl for mucho satisfaction :D

Got a funny sticker :shock:

Took a selfie at work ..... mmmmmmmm ..... dat asssss

Discovered im scared of the dark and acquired MOAR lights ....

and some sexy switches:

but had two spare slots so ....

·
Registered
nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Also made some new door skins, the old ones fell off :/
New ones are 3mm Dibond (aluminium composite panel) wrapped in vinyl and secured with 304 M6 stainless dome head bolts with stainless 304 nutserts in the doors stock door cards plug location

Ima sticker bomb these fookers with stickers acquired from 4x4 adventures

Discovered not having tray sides is retarded and makes the tray useless, and also got a HD ladder rack, all caked in 2k to match ;)

and still got plenty more on the boiler !

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,958 Posts
Love the Zombie Lights switch!

·
Registered
nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Looking awesome mate, keen to see where ya put the switches in the cab.
Keep up the great work to an awesome truck.
Cheers mate, the carling switches slot into the stock GQ dash switch locations with some minor trimming.

Love the Zombie Lights switch!
Me too ! XD - It triggers both the 50' and 22' LED bars

All the lights mounted, 2x 9 + 1 x 22 on the bar and the curved 50 up top:

All wired up and day time testing, the 50 is bright as hell !

Took it for a splurt at night, the video rly dosent do it justice but still makes ya go "horry ****"

Slapped some pre loved Dick Cepek 315/75r16 on:

The ute drives alot better with the AT's on compared to the toyo muddies, so much so that I will most likely do the cape on them this September, use two toyos as spares then look at getting 4x brand new Nitto or Toyo AT's in the same size when I get back.

And finally just a shot I got while the rear right was off, gives a better view of the custom made tank

I'll stick up a few pics of the switches tomorrow! Still lots more on the boiler too XD lololol ......

·
Registered
nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
In the process of installing this ATM and figured I would chuck up a quick update.

Starting to go balls to the wall at the moment in preparation for my trip to the cape, only a month to go !

Decided the Cepeks wouldn't last a full cape trip and didn't want to put the Toyos back on so I grabbed a brand new set of General Grabber 315/75r16

They are a sick looking tyre and really are an AT/MT cross over hybrid. Really deep siping and cut away tread blocks that open up the the tread faces behind with 15mm of tread. So far have only run them on road and they are as quiet as the highway terrains I have on my Subaru. If their reputation is anything to go by then they should eat the cape with ease. I'll be taking 2 Cepeks as spares but highly doubt I'll need them.

Also on the 'todo' list atm are body mounts, washer bottle and nozzles and a proper radiator overflow bottle. Whilst the beer can is cool, the wafts of water vapour coming from under the bonnet at the lights are not haha.

I also remembered to take a few shots of the carling switches for all my lights, as mentioned they slot right into the stock switch locations.

Lightforce HID lights and obligatory domo to piss off my ricer mates

side, tray and bullbar wing's LED's

and zombie lights, triggers both the 22 on the bull bar and the 50 on the roof, each on their own relay and fuse.

·
Registered
nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
damn 10 pic limit ... can also see I need to clean the interior :/

and just a shot of the dash centre, pyro, oil, and a dicky looking marine radio with inbuilt speakers !, good enough for news and weather. Can't find speakers that will fit into the TI doors, only have 22mm of clearance hah. Dosent bother me tho, I prefer to listen to the turbo and donk rather than doof doof

·
Registered
nissan
460 Posts
they are a great looking tyre, used to run the ats on our work utes years ago and they were excellent, great tread life.

·
Registered
nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Cheers guys !

Well I've just about got the intake on and sorted for the moment, just need to cut down the drivers side pipe and get a bigger silicone joiner. This should get the rig drivable so I can shoot down to my engineers work shop on Monday morning and beg him to make me up a new IC mount (and lengthen the D side pipe with the correct angle to suit the new inlet location) as my hack job is .... well ... ****ed. It will work as a temp measure but no way on hell im hitting the cape with this abortion of a IC mount :loser:

While I was getting reacquainted with the engine bay I realised I posted a pic of this a while back but didn't update on its install / fit out

Both batteries are now under the tray so this sexy little box was kitted out to be my "electrickery box" under the bonnet and houses all my relays and fuses for my lights etc, also has some big arse posts for engine bay jump starting if I can't jump myself from my aux or cant get to either batt for whatever reason.

I still need to vacuum the crap out of the bottom of the box and install a piece of lexan into the lid.

The main feed is delivered from my aux batt via 50mm^2 triple insulated welding cable, fused with a standard 200amp ANL. All the switches in from the cab side and all acc power feeds out through the radiator side, everything earthed back to the box then onto the chassis and body.

Main alt feed and starter to post is also 50mm^2 then the same going to the main batt. The alt is 200amp fused and the starter is 400amp fused with these big arse mofo's

Every single bit of wiring in the truck is fused, I love overkill :D

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,958 Posts
Those tyres are pron! love the red text.

·
Registered
nissan
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Cover my food, fuel and beer for 3 weeks coils and I'll give you my auto lekkys number, dunno if he dose road trips tho :p
I didn't do the electrical install or wire up but did do the research (with the help of 2 mates) and ordered all the parts

They sure are a head turner, James ! Fingers crossed they like the sloppy stuff as much as the black top :D

Manifold is back on and the donk feels like it can finally breath ! Even tho im only running 15ish psi with bugger all extra fuel it just feels so much better. A touch quicker to spool up and dosent feel sluggish on its way to 3.5krpm

Should do the trick for a while but I think my next major project after the cape is going to be a home built TD42 on the side with a different exhaust housing on the 28 and some W2A action. Been thinking about it for a while now and whilst my current donk is no where near ready to call it quits I'd just love to do one as a project !.

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Looking really good dude! Love the old shape utes.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts