Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have taken the plunge and brought a 3 litre GU

NISSAN PATROL WAGON 3ltr DIESLE AUTO IN GOOD CONDITION (eBay item 150580309679 end time 24-Mar-11 16:17:28 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

I paid 13500 which is not cheap, but it does have the rollcage etc which I need. I am doing a small contract on a mine.

Its done a few kms, the engine has never been touched and it has been serviced all its life at a Nissan dealer.

First owner was a printing company in Perth, 2nd owner who has it now is a surveyor and uses it for a while, hes retiring now. He did make it mine spec.

Havent seen it in the flesh and have to wait a few weeks to see it. Just took the gamble on it.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I very happy for you realy. So will you use it for work or pleasure. I always say a truck with a few marks and the odd dint is a good sign. Were is the base of the UHF / HF radio. Are they under the front seat's. I trying to decide were is the best place to refit my new tri band. Picture would be handy.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
Congrats

Hi All,

I have taken the plunge and brought a 3 litre GU

Havent seen it in the flesh and have to wait a few weeks to see it. Just took the gamble on it.
Welcome to the forum mate. I hope you have many a great years trolling along.

Can I suggest that since you got a "cheap" buy that you throw in a few bucks and do the N.A.D.S (Nissan Anti Detonation System). Plent of info on here about it.
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/niss...ference-document-zd30-owners-look-here-31418/

At least that way you will not be gambling with the engine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks all.

I was aware of the Zd30 problems when I brought it.

I spoke to the Nissan dealer who currently services it, he stated that the current owner over services it. changing diff oils etc etc. He always got everything fixed and didnt ever get anything not done because of cost. The dealer said only downsides were that it had red dust in it and that the guy was a heavy smoker, so car smelt. I believe I can get rid of the smoke smell and the red dust doesnt bother me.

I also spoke to the orginal dealer where the car was brought new from. They have records to 2005 which is when car was traded in and sold to current owner. It was serviced over 80 times at the orginal dealers. It never had any recall work done and no warranty claims either. Must`ve been a Wednesday car

I had a MQ in the later 80`s. It was 24 volts etc. That blew a engine at 100k KMs. Previous owner where old timers, I was young. I think they drove it very sedately, I drove it like I stole it. Piston went past the cylinder lip, piston grabbed the bore. Rebuild required. Was fine after that. I also tipped it on its side in Port Hedland. Was repaired and I sold it about 12 mths later.

Also had a MQ styleside ute, had twin stacks on it etc etc. No complaince plate on it. I brought it in Darwin and at the time, the Nissan dealer was importing them from Indonesia. Not many Styleside utes around at that time. Was running around Perth for several years after I sold it, still with stacks etc. It was two tone blue. Last time I saw it was in Port Hedland

Had a GU 4.2TD ST Wagon several years ago, it had a blown engine at about 45k Kms, due to someone running it on Avgas. They blew clutch as well. Rebuilt engine and doubled my money. Should have kept it.

UHF is under seat, however I will move it to behind dash. Just in case I ever get stuck with water in the cab.

Current owner has looked after the wagon, he is a older chap who has now retired. It fits my needs with roll cage etc. It cost him over 4k to have a company supply and fit the rollcage, lights and cargo barrier etc.

I will replace injectors, which I am told are around 400 dollars each, MAF which is around $250. I will also replace Turbo, it will have done over 250K KM`s by the time I get to it. Price for turbo it around 1800 dollars.

I will also do the N.A.D.S mode when I can find a place to supply parts and fit with out costing a bomb.

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
Well done nice car. But do beware ,good service history wont stop a sudden bang. I had mine for only 13 days and it went. Do the simple and necessary preventative mods (gauges catch can dawes valve) sooner rather than later though and apparently you will be fine. Have fun they are a great truck!
Pete.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for the advice.

I would like top do the mods, however I am not that confident on adjusting boost etc. The vehicle will be in Perth this week, then put on a truck to the mine site.
So hopefully it can hold out for a month or so when I finished here and get a mechanic to do it at some stage.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Id you can change a wheel you can fit NADS.

Stop telling yourself you cant do it, look at what needs to be done, buy the stuff and just bloody well take the plunge.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers for that.

Getting the service history was a little hard and didnt get a complete breakdown. the orginal dealer had wiped most of the finer detials off their system. However they had the number of services etc etc.

It wouldnt been great to get a full service history.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts