Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my patrol has no dash lights, interior lights, wont start nothing at all. It been like this for 2 days now. Woke up for work but car would not start nothing, battery still has juice, terminal has no spark when touching battery, no headlight nothing...tested fuses and terminal with electronic tester all lit up?

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,265 Posts
Have you checked fuses in both fuse blocks? One under the bonnet and the one near drivers right knee.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
129 Posts
In order to guess what you mean, which Patrol model you have. It is very difficult to hit from a distance like this, but check the ground, negative cable (minus).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In order to guess what you mean, which Patrol model you have. It is very difficult to hit from a distance like this, but check the ground, negative cable (minus).
It a Nissan patrol gu 2008 turbo diesel, yeah should the steel where it's grounded light up aswell as the terminal when I touch it with the electic tester?

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,265 Posts
Try swapping some like coloured relays

·
Registered
466 Posts
It a Nissan patrol gu 2008 turbo diesel, yeah should the steel where it's grounded light up aswell as the terminal when I touch it with the electic tester?
If your talking about a tester that is like a pointy screwdriver with a wire coming out the top and lights up when testing a circuit, then NO it should not light up when you touch the metal where it is earthed, the only way that would happen is if you have the clip on the other end connected to the positive terminal of the battery which you don't do - the clip should be on the earth.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Have you tried a different battery ? I know you said it "still has juice" - but batteries can do some weird ****, so worth a try.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Could that be an issue with the ignition relays, which is a blue relay, located in the fuse box inside the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts