Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I purchased a 3.3 mq patrol for my new daily not long ago , it's been a bit of a project and I'm keen to look a bit more about them .

The car it self has only had two previous owners , the last having it for 27 years . the body is really good with only some rust in the rear gutter section , the interior is perfect , having seat covers on it for the last 27 years .

The downside being the suspension/ steering has never been touched and was in need of some love .

Any way things got out of hand real quick , on the road to roadworthy I have put a efs 2inch lift kit in it , all new tie rod and done away with a worn out idler arm setup , brake hoses , brakes , nearly every thing under the car , but the cars to neat to just part it out and it should drive like new .

Also I have some 35inch simexs to put on it after roadworthy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The drag link is a superior engineering one , it mounts onto the pitman arm .

It only just fits , the tie rod end very nearly rubs the chassis rail , more lift it will be an issue . But it all works pretty good for two inch lift .

· Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,511 Posts
Welcome mate.
Looks like a pretty tidy unit.

Gutter rust doesn't look too bad from the pics, so it'd be worth fixing before it becomes an issue IMO.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
That is a realy nice MQ!

Like Coils said, you will need a turbo pretty soon with 35's, LWB and daily driving....:p

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roadworthy first , it's not far off , did a stack this week , just needs a wheel alignment .

Turbo could be possible , I'm not a stranger to turboing things on petrol/LPG , but diesels a bit new to me .

Once I get my head around the fuel side i may look at buying and building a whole turbo motor and 5 speed and put it all in at once .

Here's one of the cars I've built in the past

· Registered
1,166 Posts
Nice Falcon! Looks a lot like the Ford Granada we have here in Europe.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
Haha, yes the Granny's biggest engine was a 2.8 V6. But V8's from that era didn't make much more HP so there will not be much difference....:cool:

· White & Whistlin sd33T
nissan
388 Posts
Nice truck Didly86. Great start when you get one in good nick.

Geez I get jealous when I see nice big workshops like yours on this forum. If I had something like yours I would have a hoist in it in a flash.

Love the ford too. Seems a lot of us Patrol guys are also Ford tragics. I've got an EL and a BA II. Love the EL, its my daily drive.

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Nice truck Didly86. Great start when you get one in good nick.

Geez I get jealous when I see nice big workshops like yours on this forum. If I had something like yours I would have a hoist in it in a flash.

Love the ford too. Seems a lot of us Patrol guys are also Ford tragics. I've got an EL and a BA II. Love the EL, its my daily drive.

Cheers man
Not totally my shed ethier . I'm lucky enough to have a uncle who works for him self, with a full setup machine/fab workshop who I can scab some space off .

In other news . Hopefully will have the old girl roadworthy Monday .
Only major thing they nocked was front swivel hub seals , what a mess of a job that was todo , diff oil and grease don't mix well .

1 - 20 of 44 Posts