Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My phone takes terrible photos .
got the old girl roadworthy Monday , wrangled today off and had the flares off and 35s on by 8.00am , trying to get bogged by 8.30 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How's the scrubbing with the 2" lift and 35's? Also if ya wanna turbo it Mitsubishi/Kinugawa TDO4'S and 3" dump works well

Sent From The Seventh Floor Of Hell

Hasn't scrubbed yet , haven't flexed it right up yet ethier .

They did just rub the leaf springs but I adjusted the lock a bit .

Thanks for the turbo heads up , those turbos are a good price also .

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I took the old girl on it's first trip away up to lake hindmarsh and the wyperfeild national park .

It was a slow drive towing , but cruises at 90 on the flats . It will do 100 easy with out the trailer .

All up done around 800ks for the weekend , and gave the poor thing a real hard time with no real dramas , pretty stoked for my original $1000 purchase price .

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Fitted extended shackles giving the old girl a tad more flex and three inch lift is spot on for 35s .

I'm chasing 4.6 diffs to put some lockers in if any one can help out .

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ahhhhhhh, that would make getting parts over rather... Problematic, either way I love the way the old girl look, pretty keen on seing it with a bit of boost tho!

Sent From The Seventh Floor Of Hell

Cheers man .
I haven't decided what I want todo with the engine yet .
I have had thoughts about fitting a different motor to it , possibly a 24volt 5.9 Cummins and gq gearbox and diffs , keep it leaf sprung if I can but do a spring over .

So for now I'll leave it pretty stock and enjoy it over this summer .

· Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,511 Posts
A 5.9 cummins would get the old MQ moving along in a hurry.

Your car should have 4.6 diffs as well, provided they haven't been swapped out at some stage.

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
A 5.9 cummins would get the old MQ moving along in a hurry.

Your car should have 4.6 diffs as well, provided they haven't been swapped out at some stage.

I should check , I just read the code on the car , it was hg41. I was reading that 41 meant 4.1.1 ratio .

I'll just spin the wheels and have a look .

As for the motor , I have a mate who imports from USA , we were talking about it , but I'll see what happens after new year .

· Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,511 Posts
I should check , I just read the code on the car , it was hg41. I was reading that 41 meant 4.1.1 ratio .

I'll just spin the wheels and have a look .

As for the motor , I have a mate who imports from USA , we were talking about it , but I'll see what happens after new year .

Yeah you're right, HG41 is indeed 4.11 ratio. Strange for an NA wagon to have 4.11's most had 4.6's.

I remember a few years ago I saw another NA SD33 MQ advertised with 4.11 diffs, I assumed they must have been swapped in, but maybe they were an option.

I might be interested in those 4.11's too when you rip them out.

· Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yeah you're right, HG41 is indeed 4.11 ratio. Strange for an NA wagon to have 4.11's most had 4.6's.

I remember a few years ago I saw another NA SD33 MQ advertised with 4.11 diffs, I assumed they must have been swapped in, but maybe they were an option.

I might be interested in those 4.11's too when you rip them out.

I should jack it up and double check .
I'll just have to keep looking for some 4.6s .
It goes okay geared as it is , but I want to put a body lift in and try some 37s for a bit .

I'll keep you in mind , I'll more than likely sell the centres if I get some 4.6s

21 - 40 of 44 Posts