Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU ST 4500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share with you a few pictures of my rear bar I have been making over the last 5 months. Spent pretty much every weekend and the odd evening in the week working on this. Got some inspiration from this website however in the end I just made it up as I went along! I am very happy with how its turned out, very happy!

Let me know what you guys think and what you would have done differently.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU ST 4500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU ST 4500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics 2

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU ST 4500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pics 3

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
Thats a bull terra rear bar mate, you've put in a lot of work. Good stuff

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU ST 4500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More pics 4

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Good work mate and the final product looks nice.

You did ask, so,,,, I would have made more substantial mounts. There's a hell of a lot of leverage - stresses with a dual wheel carrier.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU ST 4500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys, Heavensent the angle is 90x90x6mm. Had to lengthen the one side to 130mm to pick off the lower bolt hole on the chassis. Steel when you say more substantial mounts do you mean the chassis mounts (the angle) or the stub axles?

·
Registered
nissan
317 Posts
x3 for more chassis mount, to give you an idea my kaymar has 14 bolts to the chassis.

I would pick up the 4 bolts in a square in the cross member and brace the wings to the chassis via "u" clamp style mounts.

All in all though a very nice design, well done mate!

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Cheers guys, Heavensent the angle is 90x90x6mm. Had to lengthen the one side to 130mm to pick off the lower bolt hole on the chassis. Steel when you say more substantial mounts do you mean the chassis mounts (the angle) or the stub axles?

Hey mate, the mounts you've made are good, but like Carlman mentioned, you need to tie into more of the chassis.
I pick up the 4 holes in the centre of the crossmember and the 2 bigger holes a bit further outwards on the crossmember. Tieing the wings back to the chassis rails is also good to eliminate flex.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU ST 4500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the advice fellas, will bare it in mind if I ever bring myself to make another one! 'U' style clamps are a good idea, should have thought of that one as that's what I did for my side steps. That's being said, the bar does appear and feel very strong picking off the original 4 bolts at the end of the chassis. Ive stood on the side bit next the wheel arches and hasn't moved a bit and Im 100kg. This is where I plan to fit the roof ladder. Also sat on the wheel carrier arms too when open and feels pretty solid! 14 bolts in a kaymar bar? Bl**dy hell! lol

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU ST 4500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few more pictures of the rhs wheel carrier arm, finished and fitted 8)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts