Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, fairly new around these parts. Thought I would share my slow as hell build which is nothing compared to most of you.

Purchased a brand new GU8 ST January this year. I paid around the $50k Mark for it. I asked the dealer to install 2" OME lift kit, Genuine snorkel and ARB deluxe bar. Unfortunately the ARB bullbar wasn't in stock at the time so had a couple week wait for it.
This is how I picked it up. Wish it was still this shiny. Covered in scratches, pin stripped...only paint right?

A couple of weeks later the ARB bar and Aldi winch were installed (Had this laying around in the garage, that I never ended up installing on my old SAF Hilux).

Old Hilux

So this was the new front end.

Decided to chuck a sticker on it. Every 4wd needs a sticker!

Next up was an Outback roof console which was paired up with an Icom IC400pro.

Car was about 3 weeks old by this stage and I was itching to take it out on the tracks. Went down to Yawal near Nowra for the Day. Had a blast. Flex wasn't quite as good as I was expecting, and believe it or not. Drivers seat started squeaking like crazy! Drove us nuts for the day.

Put a few marks on the alloys which sucked but ah well. Driving home in the arvo the VDC (stability control) warning light popped up. Got to a set of lights, turned car off and on, dissapeared. For a few minutes. Ended up being a permanent thing. Mr Nissan had to fix it.

So after the trip to Yawal the tyres just weren't cutting it.

Got some BFG KM2's 305/70r16, and put them on some Dynamic D hole rims, Neg 13 offset.

Transformed the vehicle nicely. Love the black rims.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the patrol stayed like this for a little bit. Had a single ARB compressor laying around and toyed with the idea of using it, but eventually decided to get the Twin. Had a mechanic mate of mine do a custom install under the drivers seat and I quite like it there. In the future there are plans for a tank.

This is the view from behind once seat was reinstalled.

Also installed a Hayman Reese towbar whilst we had access to a hoist. Sorry for the bad photo but it was like midnight.

So that's basically how it has sat for the past couple of months. Kind of ran out of money unfortunately. Got a Scangauge II. Got rid of it. Got an Xtool OBD2 thing. Got rid of it. These days running an Ultragauge. Still fine tuning it though. Will get some pics when I get a chance.

Have done a few trips now and the car is slowly getting there.

Finally got around to ordering a Raslarr rear bar with single swing away. That was an epic install. Happy with how it looks though.

Love the reverse lights.

And finally the other day I got around to installing some Roadsafe front recovery points. Not quite sure where to go from here. But I'm sure I will work it out.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I will continue to update this!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
204 Posts
where did you buy the Smittybilt quick release shackle? what a great idea.

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
I love a well setup late model patrol! Wish I could trade my GQ in for one!

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice.
I have plans for sliders once I have a bit of money.
Looking at a set from Dominator 4x4. $380 raw. Extra for a skid plate. Not sure though.

Have had a look at Raslarr and I'm not a huge fan of theirs. Would love some superior stealth sliders but I'm not forking out $1200.

Can anyone recommend a good brand? I like the upswept tube style, not the flat tube style.

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
I'm not sure about NSW, make sure you get ones with flat plate filling in the gaps. Or else branches get caught between the slider and the panel work and make an even bigger dent. Happened to me. Bloody annoying!

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good brand? I like the upswept tube style, not the flat tube style.
Bolsys, a forum vendor here. He freights all over Oz from Brisbane. I had his sliders on my GU and they did a great job, I gave them a pretty hard time.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Bolsys, a forum vendor here. He freights all over Oz from Brisbane. I had his sliders on my GU and they did a great job, I gave them a pretty hard time.
X 2 agreed

·
Registered
nissan patrol
823 Posts
X3 for Bolsys.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Nice looking rig. I also prefer the look of the stealth sliders over all the normal "bent pipe" ones but haven't found any at a reasonable price yet.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been a while since I have posted here. Have since done a few things.

Finished my dual Battery system. Used a Redarc 200amp solenoid. I have a switch under the dash for a manual over ride to connect the batteries to jump start myself, or for when winching. Running it through a Cal2 fuse. Seems to do the job nicely.

Where the solenoid is mounted was already some captive nuts. No drilling required to mount.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ARB diff breather was fitted up. Front and rear diff, and tranfercase and trans. Used different hose and fittings than what was supplied. Works a treat.

Had a few dramas with the throttle being way to touchy when in 4 low. So i got a plug n go from Berrima Diesel. I quite like it.

·
Registered
nissan
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally for now. Installed new GME antenna. Worried about it getting knocked off though. Been a few months so far and no ones tried.

On monday paying for 85% reductions, so hopefully they will be done in the next week or two.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,634 Posts
Forgot to add that this is the setup I run in the back.

Love the Smittybilt quick release shackle. Don't have to worry about threads. Just pull the pin and it slides out.

Love the shackle.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts